Is the Skookum Bush Tool all that...

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Uncle Timbo, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    I wonder what the percentage of people that buy one, end up selling it because it didn't live up to their expectations. And what did you buy to replace it?

jmdelap likes this.
  2. ericdraven

ericdraven Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 31, 2013
    i wouldnt wait 5 years for anything lol

- SpyderMan -, Deinos, Stelth and 2 others like this.
  3. jmdelap

jmdelap

Apr 24, 2015
    I ordered mine in September 2015 and received it May 2019 with over 10 emails back and fourth over that time. Its in 3v Red Micarta

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  4. MikkelsOutdoors

MikkelsOutdoors

Oct 15, 2020
    I ordered my SBT April 10, 2014 and got my email from Rod on October 2, 2020 that my knife is now ready. The only correspondence from him since my order. I almost forgot about it and was just getting ready to buy an LT Wright Lagom when I got his email.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  5. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Glad you folks are getting your knives. I've seen too many threads over the years here at BF about people ordering knives (and sometimes paying for them) and then never getting a knife.

Again, I would never wait years for a knife, but that is me. I'm content with production stuff.

- SpyderMan - likes this.
  6. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Interestingly, there's a thread that just popped back up to the top in the Good the Bad and the Ugly on this same topic. Lots of the same personalities and points made. By all accounts the maker is an honest guy although perhaps not a great businessman or communicator. To me the product appears to be mediocre but then I never understood buying beanie babies either.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  7. Heirphoto

Heirphoto Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2007
    I have owned a few. They are at least as good as any other $200'ish bushcraft knife. Only difference for me is the "artisan" factor....one guy making them in a home based shop. As a similar craftsman I like supporting that. Many other bushcraft knife companies have grown into small factories with a half dozen or more guys collectively building each knife. Nothing wrong with that, I just like the lone crafstman approach.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Mr. Tettnanger and Uncle Timbo like this.
  8. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    You know, I've come a long way since making the original post on this thread. While I can't justify buying a SBT, that doesn't mean nobody else can't. If you can afford one, let your money buy you happiness.
    The main thing is to get out there and use it!

Heirphoto, Mr. Tettnanger and Deinos like this.