Is this really a chive?

I'm looking on ebay for a Ken onion chive and I run across this

http://snipurl.com/3srn

I snipped the url to make it a bit more manageable.

It doesn't look to have the right blade or clip shape. And what exactly is a "large" chive?

N2

that doesnt look like my chive, havent heard of a large chive, i would have to say no it is not the right pic or its not a chive,

greg

Doesn't look like one to me either. As far as I know the Onion "family" has thumb studs (blade stop ?); this appears to have a disk openner.

Anthony Lasome

Nic Ramirez

Gold Member
Looks like an Al Mar knock off Taiwanese POS.

And as far as I know the Chive isn't available with serrations!

Avoid like a Beijing hooker!!

I just emailed the seller to inform about the picture discrepancy(I was nice) so we'll see if I get a reply.......

It looks like the description has been changed, but it is still being called a Kershaw. It is listed as a brand new Kershaw and I don't know of any Kershaws that look like that.

I agree Keith......never seen a Kershaw like that and I've looked through plenty of catalogs.
It will be interesting to see if it sells and what type of feedback is left for the seller.

Thanks folks. It lookd pretty fishy to me. To think that just a few short months ago I would have not even known the difference and bid happily.

I can't believe how much I've absorbed just by hanging out here (and spending hundreds on knives).

N2

Definately not a Kershaw. Looks more like something from one of those packages off the home shopping network... 100 knives for 69.95.

Doug