1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Is Wilson Combat Doing Away with the Chris Reeve line of Knives?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by dinokay, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dinokay

dinokay Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 9, 2007
    I just noticed that all the Chris Reeve Knives at WC are "This item is no longer available" except for the Large Sebenza. Does anyone have any idea what's going on there? Now I feel stupid for selling my spares last week.

2. Steel_Addiction

Steel_Addiction Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Wow, It sure looks like it.

I'm sure glad I snagged up a pre-disc Startac before this happened!

3. dinokay

Feb 9, 2007
    Oh well, I guess there's a beginning and an end for everything but I didn't think they would discontinue the CRK line. Looks like if you want one, the large sebenza is still available and who knows for how long.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  4. dark impaler

dark impaler Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2011
    that's a bummer...

5. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    I just called Wilson because i was very curious, and the gentleman said that they, only temporary, stopped taking orders. CRK needs time to catch up.

6. hoodep

hoodep Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Thanks for posting the info, lemmuhj! I was planning to call this afternoon as well.

7. dinokay

Feb 9, 2007
    Good to know, Thanks

8. PAZach

PAZach Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I just picked up a Large Starbenza and need the other two to complete the collection.

9. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    :):thumbup:

10. 김원진

김원진

May 4, 2011
    little sad about this if it's true. I had wanted to pick up a s30v star tac to accompany my s30v umnum. Until i see that lock stop pin in person, i haven't quite warmed up to it yet. Love that starburst design

11. Jiman

Jiman

Dec 3, 2010
    I asked WC today and although they don't know for sure it could be as long as a year. WC is at the mercy of CRK production times.

Just thought I'd post the update. At least it's temporary and not permanant.

With a litle luck maybe the next version will have a Ti LBS or a new design all together.

What a beautiful knife.

12. MODiFiEDZ

MODiFiEDZ

Nov 11, 2011
    Also their website still lists the blade steel as S30V & mine was made on March 19, 2012 & came with S35VN which is slightly tougher than S30V. I like the LBS on mine, I can push over on the lock bar as hard as I want & it stops at the exact safe place every time. The tolerances are so close that the ball is always touching the blade tang, you can't over extend the lock to where the ball comes off the blade at all but still opens smooth.

13. dinokay

Feb 9, 2007
    I personally feel the next time you see a WC sebenza it will be the 25 and That is Going to be One Awesome Blade.

14. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    The best one yet.....and I love my Large Starbenza.

15. Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Nov 26, 2011
    Smalls are in stock at WC...just ordered one yesterday.

16. tigertaylor1

tigertaylor1

Jun 1, 2011
  17. MODiFiEDZ

MODiFiEDZ

Nov 11, 2011
    Both large & small are in stock as of today. Get them while they last. No Star-Tacs yet though

18. burnside

burnside

May 30, 2012
    Looks like they sold out fast. Hopefully he gets more Star-Tacs.

19. Fiends

Fiends

Jun 27, 2012
    After countless hours of research into what my first knife should be, I finally decided on the Small Sebenza. But then I came across the Wilson Combat Star-Benza collaboration and everything changed. That Starburst pattern, the silver double thumb studs, the lanyard w/ WC engraved Ti bead, I wanted it! One big problem though, they were out of stock online. Somehow after checking WC every day for a week drooling over the pictures they have on there, it suddenly appeared as if the Star-Benza was in stock. Pulled the trigger right then and there and I'm super glad that I did as it looks like they're sold out again. Fast forward a week and look what came in today! Joined BF just to share my joy with my first post, couldn't be happier.

[​IMG]

20. WilsonCombatRep

WilsonCombatRep Moderator Moderator

Aug 17, 2009