Is Wilson Combat Doing Away with the Chris Reeve line of Knives?

dinokay

Platinum Member
I just noticed that all the Chris Reeve Knives at WC are "This item is no longer available" except for the Large Sebenza. Does anyone have any idea what's going on there? Now I feel stupid for selling my spares last week.

Oh well, I guess there's a beginning and an end for everything but I didn't think they would discontinue the CRK line. Looks like if you want one, the large sebenza is still available and who knows for how long.

Last edited:
I just called Wilson because i was very curious, and the gentleman said that they, only temporary, stopped taking orders. CRK needs time to catch up.

I just called Wilson because i was very curious, and the gentleman said that they, only temporary, stopped taking orders. CRK needs time to catch up.

Thanks for posting the info, lemmuhj! I was planning to call this afternoon as well.

Thanks for the info. I just picked up a Large Starbenza and need the other two to complete the collection.

little sad about this if it's true. I had wanted to pick up a s30v star tac to accompany my s30v umnum. Until i see that lock stop pin in person, i haven't quite warmed up to it yet. Love that starburst design

I asked WC today and although they don't know for sure it could be as long as a year. WC is at the mercy of CRK production times.

Just thought I'd post the update. At least it's temporary and not permanant.

With a litle luck maybe the next version will have a Ti LBS or a new design all together.

What a beautiful knife.

Also their website still lists the blade steel as S30V & mine was made on March 19, 2012 & came with S35VN which is slightly tougher than S30V. I like the LBS on mine, I can push over on the lock bar as hard as I want & it stops at the exact safe place every time. The tolerances are so close that the ball is always touching the blade tang, you can't over extend the lock to where the ball comes off the blade at all but still opens smooth.

I personally feel the next time you see a WC sebenza it will be the 25 and That is Going to be One Awesome Blade.

Both large & small are in stock as of today. Get them while they last. No Star-Tacs yet though

After countless hours of research into what my first knife should be, I finally decided on the Small Sebenza. But then I came across the Wilson Combat Star-Benza collaboration and everything changed. That Starburst pattern, the silver double thumb studs, the lanyard w/ WC engraved Ti bead, I wanted it! One big problem though, they were out of stock online. Somehow after checking WC every day for a week drooling over the pictures they have on there, it suddenly appeared as if the Star-Benza was in stock. Pulled the trigger right then and there and I'm super glad that I did as it looks like they're sold out again. Fast forward a week and look what came in today! Joined BF just to share my joy with my first post, couldn't be happier.

7457912356_54d4a68182_o.jpg

Back