1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation? ISO Knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by DemonHunter5700, Jul 13, 2018.

1. DemonHunter5700

DemonHunter5700

Jul 13, 2018
    Hey guys/gals I'm currently in search of a tactical hat that has a couple small throwing knife like blades in the sides of the bill of the ball cap and has a hidden garotte in the lining of the hat. A coworker of mine was telling me of a friend of his that had one but can't remember the guys name or the name of the hat. So I was wondering if anyone here would by chance know what I'm talking about and possible where I can get a couple? I was told they are about $80 a had.

2. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    :rolleyes: I think that was a joke novelty item.

3. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Do you want the model for business office or church ? :p

4. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Do you have a conceal and carry law or a law against throwing knives in your state? Iirc states like Illinois would find this 100% illegal.

Also if you were to use this for quote protection unquote, you'd be spending alot of time in court.

5. Dangerously

Dangerously

Jan 8, 2013
    I am way too high drag for this thread.

Cryptyc, strategy9, Lapedog and 4 others like this.
  6. fishface5

fishface5 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Don't forget to leave that at home before flying!

7. DemonHunter5700

DemonHunter5700

Jul 13, 2018
    As far as I know throwing knives are legal in Minnesota as I have a few. No I don't believe it's a gag gift as a whole military company bought some during their deployment. I think the garotte bit wouldn't be part of it cause that is illegal for a good part of the US

8. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    You can't remember your coworkers name or he can't remember his friends name?

9. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    What "military company" are you referring to ? Hard to believe even the UN would be that silly .

10. DemonHunter5700

DemonHunter5700

Jul 13, 2018
    He can't remember his friend's name, he said it's been years and that he lives outside the US

11. DemonHunter5700

DemonHunter5700

Jul 13, 2018
    The unit that here was with

12. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Say what ? o_O

13. danbot

Oct 31, 2009
    Sounds like a BS story to me.

strategy9 and Airborne 1 like this.
  14. DemonHunter5700

DemonHunter5700

Jul 13, 2018
    If it is it is I really don't care, I'm just doing research to possibly find one of it is real, if not I'm not going to lose any sleep over it

15. DemonHunter5700

DemonHunter5700

Jul 13, 2018
    I'm just trying to find info about it and if anyone's heard of it or seen one, if you have great I'd like to know where to get one, if not just say so and be done with it.

16. danbot

Oct 31, 2009
    DocJD likes this.
  17. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
  18. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Wouldn't the hat be extra heavy with all that stuff on it? I can just see tactical timmy having to push the brim up every 5 seconds while he's surveilling the Starbucks over his white chai latte (extra almond milk foam) because his cap keeps falling forward

19-3ben, Airborne 1 and danbot like this.
  19. DemonHunter5700

DemonHunter5700

Jul 13, 2018
  20. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Assuming you are serious , I'd be looking at novelty and gag type hats . Actual combat throwing knives have to be fairly large and heavy to be effective . Not something you'd want to have on your head to carry .