It followed me home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note the very nice rounded poll and face on the HYTEST. Gives good 'lead in' with hard timber. That's the axe I cut my teeth on in the Aussie bush many years ago.
Still have a few in my workshop.

regards...Frank

Note the very nice rounded poll and face on the HYTEST. Gives good 'lead in' with hard timber. That's the axe I cut my teeth on in the Aussie bush many years ago.
Still have a few in my workshop.
regards...Frank
Curious about all this. Most of the stuff on this site is American who have their own flair on design. My two dozen different profile Walters axes are of Ottawa Valley origin which definitely was the epicenter of ltimber trade for entire Commonwealth demand for well over 200 years. Perhaps we can arrange a swap.

$20 garage sale find. 2lb Weibelhaus & Co. All I've done is wire wheel the surface rust off the head.

CXl8Eus.jpg

buB7qA9.jpg

zcARjUR.jpg

Collins from the sixties, paid 5 bucks!
Really bugs me to hear from "Gloaters" that thoroughly took advantage (ripped off) somebody else in their supreme quest to be King of the Scoops. Having said that though you do now have a an unused vintage implement on hand and I personally dare you to go out and use it. At least my stuff does not depreciate from being used, or useful, and my hands didn't quiver in anticipation when I coaxed the former owners to part with them for an honest price.

300Six, you're absolutely right and now I feel bad. My axe had a $20 price tag on it and I paid the asking price........I should have had the seller bump the price up before I paid for it.

Where's the sarcasm button........not sure that came off like I meant it........?

Really bugs me to hear from "Gloaters" that thoroughly took advantage (ripped off) somebody else in their supreme quest to be King of the Scoops. Having said that though you do now have a an unused vintage implement on hand and I personally dare you to go out and use it. At least my stuff does not depreciate from being used, or useful, and my hands didn't quiver in anticipation when I coaxed the former owners to part with them for an honest price.

From our past discussion you seem pretty knowledgeable and genuine but this is straight up stupid. First, you have no insight into the transaction details second, it's just fuckn gay that you even made the statement.... Men only, don't be a fag bro.

300Six, you certainly have some strange opinions that are all too often presented in highhanded manner. It looks to me like a "Made in Mexico" Collins anyway. I could be wrong, but if it is, $5 is a fair price. Not that it matters.

From our past discussion you seem pretty knowledgeable and genuine but this is straight up stupid. First, you have no insight into the transaction details second, it's just fuckn gay that you even made the statement.... Men only, don't be a fag bro.

Now THAT is over the top. I hope you'll edit that crap.

I've had folks, probably not unlike you, deliberately lo-ball items, hoping maybe I had to support a drug habit, didn't know what something was worth, was desperate for cash etc. but I politely tell them to take a long walk down a short pier. Too me it's embarrassing to think I took advantage of someone.
As well, often as not "hot" items from B&E vendors tend to be priced unbelievable low. I don't knowingly support that sort of transaction or form of activity either and $5 for a quality unused axe would certainly draw my suspicions, and not lead to a sale but rather a phone call to my local constabulary.
Having said all that I assure you I am much more of a redneck than a gay or fag,
bro!

300Six, you certainly have some strange opinions that are all too often presented in highhanded manner. It looks to me like a "Made in Mexico" Collins anyway. I could be wrong, but if it is, $5 is a fair price. Not that it matters.

Now THAT is over the top. I hope you'll edit that crap.

I'm over the top. Are you offended?

I've had folks, probably not unlike you, deliberately lo-ball items, hoping maybe I had to support a drug habit, didn't know what something was worth, was desperate for cash etc. but I politely tell them to take a long walk down a short pier. Too me it's embarrassing to think I took advantage of someone.
As well, often as not "hot" items from B&E vendors tend to be priced unbelievable low. I don't knowingly support that sort of transaction or form of activity either and $5 for a quality unused axe would certainly draw my suspicions, and not lead to a sale but rather a phone call to my local constabulary.
Having said all that I assure you I am much more of a redneck than a gay or fag,
bro!

Taking advantage of someone is one thing, getting a great deal is something different. Everyone places a different value on certain objects. If the seller wanted to get off of it for 5$, that's his business. It's commendable that you don't like to take advantage of people, I get that, but we have no clue on the transaction details so its completely IGNORANT to even assume you know and make such accusations...

Not sure if y'all are serious or not but I'm loling either way.

Never take anything on the internet too seriously, just keep laughing, it's only for entertainment.

On another note, you want to laugh even harder, go check out the custom knives forum and check out all the pansy grab assing that goes on in there. Bunch of men getting mushy with each other. It's quite the show....

I don't really get offended, so no. I just think you've proved yourself to be uncouth and ignorant.

Up until now, this has been a great thread. Please allow the thread to get back on track.

Good, I like you even better now. Uncouth, probably more often than not, ignorant, I'm sure you have better internet judgment but I'm far from ignorant.

Ok, Let's press on with the topic.

Hey boys, I'm a bit late to the party. I hope we can get back to blade(s) discussion soon. I really enjoy the knowledge and circumspect replies a lot of people here take the time to provide. Being here has amplified my interest in antique tools 100 fold, and as a result, I feel I am a much better steward of the history that shaped the U.S. (and Canada!) into what it is today.

As far as 300Six, I do agree he comes across as a crazy old codger. He's urinated on one or two of my threads, and in my opinion he needlessly jumps down peoples' throats for no apparent reason. But the guy's got integrity. I respect a man for that.

I recently bought an older Gränsfors Bruk axe head on eBay. The dealer had it listed as a "Buy It Now" for $15. It was in fair condition, but the GBA logo was still visible, it hadn't been wire-brushed within an inch of its life, and the dealer didn't try to "sharpen" it. (Seems to me that most eBay dealers think putting lipstick on a pig will make an item *that* much more interesting.)

I emailed the dealer to tell him it's a Gränsfors and suggested he check the prices other dealers are getting for the same. No response. The item sat there for a couple more days. So I bought it. My first Gränsfors for under $200.

If I bragged that I snagged a Gränsfors for $15 I might get chewed out by the more honest among us. But that type of story lacks context, and lets' face it, providing typewritten context on a fun message board just doesn't happen all the time.

P.S., is this type of Gränsfors a faller, or a swamper, or ?

Gränsfors eBay 1.jpg

Gränsfors eBay 2.jpg

Gränsfors eBay 3.jpg

Nice thread, insults, vulgarity, maybe Whine & Cheese material.
Try to do better the next time around, this party is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back