Jérôme LATREILLE

This arrived today and it coincided with my birthday. I was in the midst of a filthy project, so I had to set it aside until I can get cleaned up. Here is photo I had received prior. View attachment 1481877

Really impressed by the Fly on that! Is this a 12cm one? Wonderful work and satin finish is better for firework in my view.

Thanks, Will

Hi,
I've just seen two new knives from Jérôme on his flickr :

50794081688_715cd036a6_c.jpg

50794081183_d4f6c4ca9e_c.jpg

Â

I always guide/hold my Laguiole blades shut for a soft snap, to keep the habit in my fingers, as some French knives have no kick or blade stop!:rolleyes:
And my sweaters last longer!!:D

Hello,
Ray, Charlie is right . In France we guide the blade to close it softly. Even if the blade is protected the size is bigger than on the usual american pocket knife . So the shock on the spring is also more violent and with the time it's not very good .

Â

Not much people close their Lags that way around here, they use both hands.
Hello,
Ray, Charlie is right . In France we guide the blade to close it softly. Even if the blade is protected the size is bigger than on the usual american pocket knife . So the shock on the spring is also more violent and with the time it's not very good .

Â
The only guy who would snap shut his knife at the end of meal was the farmer. Other farm workers would respecfully close theirs and go back to work as this was the signal! :)

Not much people close their Lags that way around here, they use both hands.

The only guy who would snap shut his knife at the end of meal was the farmer. Other farm workers would respectfully close theirs and go back to work as this was the signal! :)
Snap!!Back to work!!:cool:
:D:D

Well those are different. I like the bottom one especially well. :thumbsup:

Here is an unexpected development with my Latreille Laguiole .

I am obviously unaccustomed to this slim pointy blade shape with a sold snap and not much of a nail nick from which to slow the blade when closing. I just get my hands out of the way.

BUT look at this ~

SETUP ~ Long, sharp blade - snappy closure - short hand :(

View attachment 1484626

LAGUIOLE SLEEVE CARNAGE ensues :(

View attachment 1484627

This well worn cotton sweater is my go to, around the house chill abater, through several winters. About time for an upgrade BUT not before I learn to use my Laguiole :rolleyes: I'm acquiring technique to avoid this but I have acquired a few sweater scars in the process. Fortunately I have kept my fingers out of the way :)

Still liking it immensely though. I post these photos not as a complaint just an observation. ;)
You need shorter sleeves, Ray! Also, close a Laguiole with both hands, as suggested by others. I thought you were going to show a damaged knife (or bleeding hand)! Glad it was only the sweater.

I got triggered by all those pix of sweater abuse :eek::eek:

As I've said before, one of the many things I admire about French knives is their balance. Not only in the hand, but also the balance of the spring: quite easy to open, difficult to shut. I always close Lags with respect due to this, and yes I don't want finger injuries or destruction of the edge :D I've got this Sabot knife and the spring/snap on that is un-nerving :eek: you let that snap with digits-or sweaters in the way and that would be it:cool: I think the cutler who made it was inspired by M.Guillotine :D

Back