Jérôme LATREILLE

For Christmas Jerome made a few knives .
May be some are always available ..not sure o_O

50560954212_3941312e72_c.jpg

Ä

beautiful knives, hope someday I can track one down. my interest in pocket knives started with French regionals, I still have a couple of those and would like to have more.

Will need to come back to that one  - I don't want to be in a rush. Happy to take them all in slowly.
Great idea that you would encourage Jérome to do that. :thumbsup: I am seeing some truly beautiful Laguioles all of a sudden.;)

Some of us are not fans of FB and Insta...;) Any other way of contacting him, does he have a website?

Thanks, Will

Yes, I'm one of those who does not - WILL NOT - participate in those. Jérome does accept emails. Not for me to make it public but if you email ME HERE - I think it would be OK for me to pass on his contact info. OR wait for Âchillepattada Âchillepattada to reply.

Yes, he does do emails, he told me he prefers to communicate through facebook because it's quicker. Just be aware that communication from him will be in French... have googletranslate handy, unless of course, you speak French.
He's very easy to deal with, and, as many have seen, he makes really nice knives. I posted my ebony in another thread, but this is the one he made for me... the metal work is outstanding, IMHO....
x416xkZ.jpg
LbDNYX8.jpg

Let's see that one in profile - opened and closed hornetguy hornetguy - all its niceknifeness so to speak. :)
I love the engraving on yours. The bee is a fine ABEILLE and the leaves are quite elegant. Really lovely work. :thumbsup:

I have a couple of other pics... I need to take more of the whole knife, but on this one, as you noted, most of the "wow" factor is in the metal work. I will also note that the blade well is even polished. Looking down inside it is like looking in a mirror. Who polishes the inside of the spring? :) One thing, on many of his knives (judging from online pics) he leaves the pins proud of the handle. If you look closely at my pics, you can see that. I'm still a little up in the air about this... it doesn't bother me, it's just different to what I'm used to seeing.
tsa5Fqd.jpg
Fired3h.jpg

yahy8vm.jpg
jP9Oltp.jpg

It's possible that proud pins are needed on Shadow construction as one of them is the pivot?

Custom Lags often have this feature and I'd call the pins 'domed' as they're rounded.

Tremendous work, I want to get in touch with him while I still have some money left....

It's possible that proud pins are needed on Shadow construction as one of them is the pivot?

Custom Lags often have this feature and I'd call the pins 'domed' as they're rounded.

Tremendous work, I want to get in touch with him while I still have some money left....

Good idea... he might have one or two "in stock", but I think he mostly makes them to order. He estimated mine to take 15 days, and he was pretty much on target, perhaps even a day or two early.

Back