JACK-2

So my big question is - which a lot of guys I see (in other forums and Facebook) are pissing on about, even before they know how the blade is held together - how strong is the blade and how many buyers had issues with Mike Nguyen's Kaizen ??? Did the blade break or the screws shear off?

It's not just held together with three small torx screws. It has interlocking sections on the two blade sections.

I've also asked our Reate rep if there will be extra blade and pivot options. Just waiting for an answer.....

The blade locking section on the Kaizen.

Last edited:
After talking to Mike Nguyen last night about his split blade Kaizen, he had zero faults with it although it is a different blade design.

I'll see if I can get further information from Reate once they start replying again..

I just had another discussion with Mike Nguyen about the strength of his split blade and I quote "I haven't seen what they (Reate) did on the blade but my original design was stronger than a solid blade". He did say his blade stock was 0.25 inches thick.

Here's some photos of how the two blade sections fit together. Similar to the Kaizen but with three interlocking posts instead of two.

According to Reate they have no plans to release different blade shapes or different pivots as options.

Looks like these are finally dropping soon, anyone still interested? I think I'm on the fence, I didnt want one originally but I'm seeing videos and it looks better and better every day

Looks like these are finally dropping soon, anyone still interested? I think I'm on the fence, I didnt want one originally but I'm seeing videos and it looks better and better every day

Shipping next week according Shera at Reate. It was delayed due to the "gift" they wanted to include for the buyers. They have posted photos on Instagram of the gift.

They only made as many as dealers ordered which was about 335. Most of our order is already pre-sold. I believe, like the Future and JACK 1, these will disappear into collections rarely to be seen again.

Shipping next week according Shera at Reate. It was delayed due to the "gift" they wanted to include for the buyers. They have posted photos on Instagram of the gift.

They only made as many as dealers ordered which was about 335. Most of our order is already pre-sold. I believe, like the Future and JACK 1, these will disappear into collections rarely to be seen again.

Probably will be coveted for sure, I saw a lot of Jack's on sale though a few months after the release. In fact I see them on instagram all the time.

It's a big knife and not many practical uses for it unless you really want a large cool knife in your collection. That's more or less my take on it at least. Same reason I dont own a K1 but many people love theirs so to each his own.

Will I ever actually carry a 3.8" integral two piece blade anywhere? I guess I would have to get my hands on to tell.

Thanks for the input! Looks like it would at a minimum be an investment and probably have a chance of recouping my cost if I chose to sell it.

Last edited:
I have some customers who will carry it just for a conversation starter or bragging rights, or whatever reason they choose to.

At the last show I went to, a customer pulled from his jeans pocket a fancy Andre Thorburn custom to show me. It cost him USD$3000. An expensive piece to lose or have stolen but that sort of money is not even pocket change to a lot of people.

I'm not living in that rarefied atmosphere of "swimming pools and movie stars" unfortunately.

The JACK 2 still has the Damasteel versions to come yet. I know some people are waiting for those to appear.

I had an option for the micarta with flame Ti earlier this morning and passed on it, I'm feeling a bit of regret now damn it

Talk to Travis at the Knife Joker - he might be able to help you out. There are quite a lot of Reate dealers in the US.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to post those photos before. They are Reate's photos from the official release.

giphy.gif

Back