Jackmandu

I got the other Jackmandu that I ordered off the Exchange. It has the angled edges, too, although not as bad as the one I got straight from SRKW. So it appears to be something specific to the Jackmandu run, and not that uncommon. I don't think I'll bother contacting them. Just gonna use it. The more I mess with it, use it a little, etc., the less it bothers me. It's not right, but it is OK, I think. Still interested to hear how your situation works out, though, scdub.

I did, and forgot all about this.
It sort of sounds like two separate issues, unless I am misunderstanding scdub's raised lip of metal starting at the tip.
I'm not home to double check; but I think one of mine had a very slight spot where the spine stood proud to the scales. Barely noticeable, really - probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking for it. I'll try to remember to recheck when I back home.

Sounds good.
The reason I noticed mine was because the spine "stood proud" to one scale. But then I started examining it, and realized the reason it stood proud was because the spine was cut on a slant. Like the laser, or whatever is used to cut out the blanks, was not squared to the material (not straight up). The second one I got, off the exchange, is the same way, but in a different location, such that it doesn't really affect the fit to the scales. Really odd.

Hey rockspyder if its any consolation my RMD i recieved in december has that same angle issue on the spine. You can BARELY notice it but its there. On mine you really wouldnt notice it unless you were lookin super close. To me its not a big deal cause its just cosmetic but i understand the concern. Still wont stop me from using the hell out of it tho lol :p

Oh, the angle of the cut isn't going to stop me either! In fact, the one with the worse angle is going to be my beater! That is the best future for it anyway! :D

I'm going to try to post a couple of pics. I have another Bussekin that has a little bit of the same thing going on but on this Jackmandu I can feel the ridge on my fingers all the way along the handle and it sticks out much more than on the other knife. Gotta say though that to me the JMD is about the perfect size and shape for a field knife - can't wait to use this sucker but I'm keeping it minty just in case they decide to swap it out for another one...

http://s211.photobucket.com/user/scdub_photos/media/Mobile Uploads/image.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s211.photobucket.com/user/scdub_photos/media/Mobile Uploads/image_1.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=0

I've already un-mint-ized mine. Not badly, but it certainly ain't new.

From your photos, mine is about the same as yours. Maybe a little worse, but that could be just the sage vs. black paint.

Back