1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Guys and Pics

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Volfather, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Case_XX

Case_XX Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I'm a classic car and Jeep nut, I have 3 Jeeps currently 2 CJ5's I bought back in 1998 one needs a rebuild and the other is half done with a full frame off new body rebuild that is currently on hold but I don't have any pics handy of those.

My latest is this 98 TJ I bought back in april bone stock and very well maintained from the original owner, I immediately started the build and have most of the planned work completed at this point. Been too busy between work and building the garage in the background to get any real wheeling done so far but we did go to OC Jeep week back in August and got it off road on their short trail a couple of times and I'm trying to get a trip scheduled for next month though.

[​IMG]

2. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak Platinum Member

Aug 26, 2008
    You talking about the trailer or the Hilux? A jeep can go a lot of places that trailer can't! If you mean the Hilux, that's a differnt discussion....of course, you also provied me an opportunity that was too good to pass up. :D:D;)

[​IMG]

3. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    You guessed correct. It's a 78 Series III diesel. I used to have a SIIa, and should have known better, but when the diesel popped up I got a case of stupid and jumped right in.

4. Cloudmaker

Cloudmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2014
    It's a Ranger M4!
    Yes, you may be right about the camper but the Ranger has so much power and torque that it can drag the trailer through and over pretty much anything!

5. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Count me in! I LOVE my Cj7 :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Nfd538

Nfd538

Jul 9, 2015
    Only had one Jeep a 2003 Liberty. This was my play toy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Roemer1

Roemer1

Aug 5, 2014
    Since it's not just about jeeps,

My D1...

[​IMG]

8. schmittie

schmittie Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. fz1boxer

fz1boxer

Nov 24, 2008
    always wanted a white 2door 4x4,ended up with a 95 bronco though.............white

10. mattal21

mattal21 Titanium Anodizing

Oct 15, 2014
    Not what you were expecting but she was a fun beast. She ate Camaros and Mustangs on the regular!!!!
    [​IMG]

11. Nfd538

Nfd538

Jul 9, 2015
    Ah the SRT8
    Here's my old 06 this sucker was a beast off the line.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Volfather

Volfather

Sep 16, 2015
    Well I just realized I never posted my jeep.
    [​IMG]

13. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2014
    There are a lot of great rigs in this thread. Since there are a lot of non-Jeeps already, I'll post a pic of my rig. It is a bone stock 2006 Tundra with a shell and sleeping platform in the back. While not the most capable off-road machine, I have never gotten stuck in it and have been able to get past some stretches of road that I thought would stop me. Also, with 165K miles it continues to be totally mechanically reliable.

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. Volfather

Volfather

Sep 16, 2015
    Yes there are some great rigs in this thread!!

15. Volfather

Volfather

Sep 16, 2015
    Where I go you aren't bringing a trailer.

16. Volfather

Volfather

Sep 16, 2015
    Nice rides!!!

17. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2007
    I sincerely envy you Jeep guys. I'm a big fan but Jeeps just don't fit our lifestyle. We're thinking about a Cherokee or 4 door Wrangler for a 2nd car but that isn't until next summer. I can't go where Jeeps go, heck I can't even go where most 1/2 ton trucks go but I'm more concerned about a 800 lb golf cart or 700 lb ATV in the bed when I'm towing a loaded down 9000 lb princess :D travel trailer. No worries ... :)

My wife and I follow drag racing:
    [​IMG]

Bow hunting in Michigan's Upper Peninsula:
    [​IMG]

18. Skystorm

Skystorm A Cow Flayin' Sheath Making Angry Gnome

Oct 17, 2011
    I've had a few jeeps, my old Cherokee had 286k and was still going strong, probably should have kept that old battle wagon. Also had a Liberty that couldn't go 5 minutes without something breaking, it caught on fire one day in traffic for some reason and died a fiery death, I just grabbed my java cup and watched it burn. I was bummed, it didn't explode like in the movies and I didn't have any marshmallows.

Since '03 I've been mildly obsessed with my universally hated Earth killers. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I get bored going slow I will take the little turbocharged slingshot for a spin, the thing is a blast to drive.

[​IMG]

19. Volfather

Volfather

Sep 16, 2015
    It doesn't matter if it's a jeep folks, post up your rides.

20. Knife and Drink

Knife and Drink

Nov 2, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Favorite car I have ever owned.