Jimislash has a new Competition Chopper

If they arent making a leather sheath for the Natchez Bowie or the Laredo, which those need so badly, i cant imagine one for this oversized bread knife.Its ugly.They would be better off offering AD10's,15's Recon 1's and other tried and true knives in runs w different blade steels and handle materials like Spyderco does.Those knives would sell much better than this crapatition chopper.Its taken 2 years to get those knives out(trailmaster ,laredo,natchez) is this one gonna take a year or two to materialize, too? Lets face it, without LT and Demko designing for them anymore, id be shocked to see something new that id buy.

If they arent making a leather sheath for the Natchez Bowie or the Laredo, which those need so badly, i cant imagine one for this oversized bread knife.Its ugly.They would be better off offering AD10's,15's Recon 1's and other tried and true knives in runs w different blade steels and handle materials like Spyderco does.Those knives would sell much better than this crapatition chopper.Its taken 2 years to get those knives out(trailmaster ,laredo,natchez) is this one gonna take a year or two to materialize, too? Lets face it, without LT and Demko designing for them anymore, id be shocked to see something new that id buy.
It does look like an over sized bread knife. I don't think it would perform very well, but of course I have no proof of this, I prefer a machete that's front heavy. And I buy cheapies from the hardware store for about 12 to $15 lately. Most of them are Tramontina or Martindale or tres crispas.

You would be safe placing that bet.
KaBar and Buck both can provide a perfectly usable leather sheath for their fixed blades at a reasonable price, why Cold Steel doesn’t is beyond me. Hell, that cheap Spyderco (Bow River or something like that?) comes with what looks to be nice leather. I’m sure I’m not going to get anything done by bitching, but come on S Shaun Cazin , surprise us.
Will you buy the jimsmash comp chopper if it does? 😁 😂

For snub nosed choppers, I'll take the Skrama all day, every day. BUT, it would be better with a downturned handle. Folks have known a curved handle works better since the Gurkha were hired by the Bits and the Cavalry saber rode on a belt!

For snub nosed choppers, I'll take the Skrama all day, every day. BUT, it would be better with a downturned handle. Folks have known a curved handle works better since the Gurkha were hired by the Bits and the Cavalry saber rode on a belt!
This is more like a Froe.

n2s

^ What an absolute insult to the Natchez Bowie and the Laredo Bowie; 2 knives that deserve a nice leather sheath with that classic stud in it much more than this idiotic thing....

I felt that one, as someone who just shelled out a huge chunk to GSM for the 3V Natchez only to be greeted with same craptastic dull-ex sheaths the budget blades get.

The Chopper will be sold with a leather sheath for those wondering.
Maybe this will be the beginning of leather sheaths for the higher price point knives? One can hope. That’s a real step in the right direction.

Those plastic sheaths are decent for the budget knives… I would prefer securex over a nylon sheath any day. But, some of the more expensive Cold Steel blades are cheapened by the plastic sheaths. Especially the more historically inspired blades like the big bowies.

It’s crazy that the $100 Frontier Bowie comes with a really decent sheath, while the $400 Natchez comes with plastic.

^ What an absolute insult to the Natchez Bowie and the Laredo Bowie; 2 knives that deserve a nice leather sheath with that classic stud in it much more than this idiotic thing....
I don’t have a CS push dagger (but do have a Bastinelli), and I’d buy a single edge one in a heartbeat if it came with a leather sheath. We play poker at deer camp and it’d be a neat conversation piece. The old timers I hunt with associate “plastic sheaths” with junk knives.

It’s a shame that CS has turned this into such a drama. They could have either given the original designer credit or just left it blank. Folks like me wanting to get into Blade Sport could have gotten into the sport with a more budget friendly Chopper. Now it wI’ll just be known as “The stolen design”. Very disheartening.

Why I'm not surprised?

Anyway... Those who, in the last few years, have not learned what Corporations are capable to do (with the help of many, of course), probably never will.

I even detected a (hidden?) legal action threat against the OP a few posts ago... Amazing. Really amazing.

Simple answer... it was decided most people just throw away the lefty clip and since material cost were spiraling out of control the additional clip was removed. This decision was made by the original Cold Steel team prior to the acquisition, however, we also agreed with their decision and did not add the lefty clip back in.

But this? This does not make any sense. Not for a westerner of the "original Cold Steel team". After all, here, in the West, we have our share of left handed people: about 10 percent. It's not a negligible portion of the market. Obviously, the new owners had the right to feel and think (and do business) differently.

Tell me about damage control... A million left handed clips giveaway could not undo the self-inflicted damage done here. But please keep them flowing anyway, it's the bare minimum you can do.

Why I'm not surprised?

Anyway... Those who, in the last few years, have not learned what Corporations are capable to do (with the help of many, of course), probably never will.

I even detected a (hidden?) legal action threat against the OP a few posts ago... Amazing. Really amazing.

But this? This does not make any sense. Not for a westerner of the "original Cold Steel team". After all, here, in the West, we have our share of left handed people: about 10 percent. It's not a negligible portion of the market. Obviously, the new owners had the right to feel and think (and do business) differently.

Tell me about damage control... A million left handed clips giveaway could not undo the self-inflicted damage done here. But please keep them flowing anyway, it's the bare minimum you can do.
wow a legal action over this topic? wow.....

I understand that not everyone have read all the posts like I did, but a search (in this thread) with the words "legal action" will find the text I'm referring to.

I think it was a well crafted text and should perhaps be analyzed and interpreted with a hundred mirrors, but... who cares?

A large and fiercely dedicated customer base begging almost daily for the barest modicum of customer service from Cold Steel such as the ability to purchase replacement screws or pocket clips…. Crickets from GSM.

A situation like this comes up… and there is an immediate corporate presence on the forum telling us that they “appreciate your support and business”.

Oof. As a Cold Steel super-user, this is depressing.
i like how the grsm cold steel rep made sure to not acknowledge this too

Back