Jimislash has a new Competition Chopper

EDIT: Looks like Jimislash DELETED Wallace's comment on the Youtube video. It was the top comment and was picking up speed. Couldn't let that be I guess.

Used to occasionally watch his channel, but it didn't take long to realize he provides zero useful or valuable information in his "reviews", which are essentially nothing more than a bunch of grunting noises.

I've witnessed two events on his Youtube channel that to me, are very suspicious, and for lack of a better term, "shill-like".

(1.) When negative talk of the 4034 Steel started picking up, he made a series of videos very aggressively defending the steel, spouting off how good it really was, and essentially anyone who disagreed with that assessment was an idiot who didn't know what they were talking about. Also deleted many comments from which were critical of the video. His defense of the steel was aggressive enough that it came across as strange, almost like he had stake in the game.

(2.) Several videos on Youtube, and threads here on bladeforums were made regarding the garbage GSM Bushcraft blades at Walmart. Jimislash immediately made a whopping FIVE videos in a row on his Youtube channel strongly defending the blades. Again, defending in a manner where it's almost like he has stake in the game. Very strange any die hard Cold Steel fan would defend such junk.

The clear rip-off he's done of Wallace's design here is of no surprise to me. Disgusting....

It gets worse. The knife is called out on the cover of the latest issue of Blade, and it's prominently featured on a two-page spread in the "Big Blade Bonanza" article. Nowhere is Mike Wallace's name mentioned.

IMG-3897.jpg

It looks like GSM management and "JimiSlash" have committed themselves to the idea that this knife is the invention of "JimiSlash." I think we're not going to get any kind of explanation now.

I'm aware of some underhanded stuff occurring in the knife industry over the years, but this definitely ranks among the worst. Mike, I don't know what options you have, but I hope you pursue this.

-Steve

Welp the longer Jimi/ sits on this , the more doubt is cast upon his word , IMO .

He states he'd got "everything I need to back my story , but this isn't going to play out here."

"Here" being his youtube .

What's the excuse for NOT doing it right HERE on the Cold Steel subforum ?

He never had a problem posting here before .

When it served his purposes .

Unreal. Not sure what to say. Seeing the picture on the cover of Blade Magazine really shows the similarities.
As a designer working for a company (regardless of the industry) I know we don’t always get credit for the work we do. That’s just part of it and I totally accept it. What I won’t stand for is someone taking credit, notoriety, and probably a royalty for the work I did.
Until now I had no issue with Jimislash. He does knife reviews and I think that’s a necessary part of the knife industry. Never has he indicated that he is a designer or maker, so I find it odd that as soon as he is signed to GSM he has a design and made a producible prototype right out of the gate. Also very sketchy that he’s deleting comments on his YouTube channel and has yet to defend himself here on the forum. Also I indicated in the comments on his YouTube that he knows how to contact me. He has yet to do so.
I find this whole thing to be intellectually dishonest, slanderous, and quite frankly very disrespectful of everything I did at Cold Steel the past 13+ years.
I’m very humbled and grateful for everyone’s support here on the forum. Thank you all.

Does anyone have Lynn Thompson's email? Maybe he would like to know what GSM is doing to Cold Steel's good name.

He's still gettin' paid, I assume ... and sold is sold .

He made a deal and probably signed lots of non-disclose , binding contracts .

I don't think he had too many illusions what would happen .
Who knows, maybe Lynn can make a stink behind the scenes, and this situation gets resolved on the down low.

Back