Jk English Pocket fixed blades: Order and Picture thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
70782DFB-63DF-4DE3-9005-59284AE1C19B-14049-0000068C6EB2FAD6_zps188cacbd.jpg

The Pocket King #1 now belongs to my wife Maggie. She loved it so much I gave it to her for her purse.

She loved it - and she called the mosaic pin a "flower".

She also called the Pocket Rocket passaround knife a little fishie - I liked that name.

I have the PR with me today as promised.

best

mqqn

I actually did work on getting rid of grinding and sanding marks on the tang using 600 grit sandpaper, I think this picture shows it very well Hugh, thanks!

The Pocket King #1 now belongs to my wife Maggie. She loved it so much I gave it to her for her purse.

She loved it - and she called the mosaic pin a "flower".

She also called the Pocket Rocket passaround knife a little fishie - I liked that name.

I have the PR with me today as promised.

best

mqqn

Excellent! My 'Fishie' might be claimed as well....I made the mistake of letting my wife handle it for a while. ;)

Just a perfect excuse to get another! Maybe in Osage perhaps? :thumbup: :D

Nice pic Hugh,the Pocket Rocket rocks!

Thanks Myke! I sure am fond of it. :)

I actually did work on getting rid of grinding and sanding marks on the tang using 600 grit sandpaper, I think this picture shows it very well Hugh, thanks!

I think you really did a great job Pete. Great idea as well to do a collab. I hope this will continue for some time!

The PK looks awesome in osage orange as well!

I love the look of the dark walnut too - I will have to get on the stick and get Pete some of the amendoin for these as well - it has a nice chatoyance and it is very durable and fairly hard.

Hugh beat me to a firestick picture - good picture!

best

mqqn

Cute!!!! I had Emily cutting her pizza with the Passaround PR - pictures on my phone - I will add if I get time late this evening.

best

mqqn

Awesome! Can't wait to see! :)

Relining parachute. Cut all lines off. Put new ones on. Sounds simple.......

7635118F-9F16-400E-8C22-10CD342610C4-16214-00000777C688ADBD_zpsee805eb3.jpg

9D7737C3-AF4D-437C-B258-7B6C2C4E02AB-16214-00000778D3522453_zps20739ae1.jpg

2B3BAFFA-E45E-49A3-8ED2-E693AF1AF41F-16214-00000778DCAEC509_zps8eb64f9d.jpg

Tedious at best, ha!

ETA:

New shiny white lines!

963C7365-538A-4CD2-99F4-D309BB97989F-16214-0000077F62FAAC8D_zps76cc7d49.jpg

Now to see if it works..... ;) :D

Last edited:
Thank you Jeff!

Should be ok though. Pretty much everything in skydiving, for me at least, is very simple. The tasks aren't hard, they are very easy. But those easy tasks are very important and could cost you a lot. It's a mind game more than anything I believe.

I've been thinking about it and I'm going to try and fill that third order at least even if I don't get any other people asking for them, FYI, Christmas is round the corner if nothing else :)

I've been thinking about it and I'm going to try and fill that third order at least even if I don't get any other people asking for them, FYI, Christmas is round the corner if nothing else :)

You don`t need to order 7 at a time, just order what you need.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Emily using the Pocket Rocket - all the girls love these little knives from JK and KYe -

IMAG0892.jpg

IMAG0893.jpg

Since I am carrying the knife all week, I am pressing it into action as my apple-knife at work.
IMAG0901.jpg

IMAG0902.jpg

IMAG0904.jpg

IMAG0905.jpg

IMAG0906.jpg

I also used the knife in the garage while working on my daughter in law's car. I had to open a few blister packs and also cut up some gallon jugs to catch brake fluid and hold nuts and bolts.

The knife works great at cutting, even with the small handle. The addition of the very useful lanyard and bead are what makes this knife really work.

It is a little thick for cutting apples, as it rather cleaves the apple open instead of slicing.

I would really like to see the sheath have a pocket clip to hold the sheath in place in the pocket and thus allow one to pull the knife out of pocket with one hand. The addition of a pocket clip might make me more inclined to use the little fixed blade over my one-handed opening folders.

I can say that carrying and using this knife is like carrying around a puppy, women and girls just love it and they all think the little PR is cute!

best

mqqn

KYenglish you wasted no time starting in on that osage! All your handles are looking good, along with the sheaths.

HWF, guessing you don't have a shortage of paracord laying around. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back