JK Handmade Knives

A little off topic, but, Happy Father`s Day to all of the dads out there. I`ll be spending mine with my three daughters, two son in laws, three grandkids, and my fantastic wife. A great family who puts up with me through everything! ;)

John

Ok, I got the Kephart yesterday. I was planning on taking it to the PA get together this weekend, but do to an unfortunate event had to pull out. So I had the day off and decided to put this blade to some use during a lil outing.

Excellent job on the sheath John.
hike2035.jpg

hike2036.jpg

Skinning this cherry wood was a simple task
hike2030.jpg

As well as notches.
hike2034.jpg

I didn't baton anything since most of the wood I found was so damp a butter knife would of split it.
So how about some fire.
hike2039.jpg

The spine gave nice showers of sparks and the thin curls took it with ease.
hike2040.jpg

hike2043.jpg

hike2044.jpg

hike2045.jpg

hike2047.jpg

Blade is just shy of 4 1/2" and its 9" overall, 1/8th" O1 steel and sharp as hell:D

Thanks for a great blade John:thumbup:

hike2043.jpg

hike2044.jpg

hike2045.jpg

hike2047.jpg

Blade is just shy of 4 1/2" and its 9" overall, 1/8th" O1 steel and sharp as hell:D

Thanks for a great blade John:thumbup:

great pics tony... that is a sweet looking knife and sheath...:D i think that is my favorite knife that john makes...:thumbup:

Damn it John, why wasn't this available when I was looking for a jungle knife? Very Puuko looking. Good design.

It`s for whoever wants it. It`s available now. Feels real good inhand.

John

Sorry about this, I saw it on Google, and thought I was bringing it up on my forum.

Yeah. Old thread. I like the Kephart and have been trying to decide what to buy. I want one with a 5" blade, not 4". I enjoyed the pictures and needless to say I don't remember this thread.

Back