John Lloyd Knives

Stunning Knives Vince, John has got Hafting a Knife with superb Stag down to a fine art..

Some of my Favourites, most talked out of my hand regrettably, I know I will have to wait to get hold of any others as good as this lot.....

Although I have held onto my most Favourite JL.......( note John's early stamp )
There is something about this knife that spell Binds me......

Gorgeous knives, Duncan. I think John cornered the market on nice stag! He sure knows how to haft it too.

Beautiful JL folders Duncan! That one is easy to understand how might cast its spell upon you.:D Very "easy on the eyes" as they say. Wonderful photos thanks for the treat. Lloyd

Here's some recent knives by John that were sold

IM5YNUj.jpg

OMNsZYu.jpg

sf5aw9c.jpg

ULUShYt.jpg

Here's some recent knives by John that were sold

sf5aw9c.jpg

is that rounded near the top there on the side of the bolster, more of a dogleg shape? or is that a trick of angling that is deceiving my eyes? thanks!

mrknife I'm not quite sure what you mean

see how the back side is straight, the blade well side seems to have more of a curve, starting at the top of the bolster. its a very gentle sloping. maybe its the angle of the shot?

see how the back side is straight, the blade well side seems to have more of a curve, starting at the top of the bolster. its a very gentle sloping. maybe its the angle of the shot?

Oh OK I gotcha. Good eye. It's a little more pronounced in the one. Hand made knives so they will vary a little

Mv87roN.jpg

If you ever decide to sell it, please let me know
It's in my pocket everyday, so it's pretty unlikely I'll part with it.

Just a reminder for everyone;
Taken from the guidelines.
We don't want to see the forum become an extension of the "Exchange". In line with this, please do not make public offers or inquire as to the availability of another member's knife which has been posted within our threads.
Thanks!

It's in my pocket everyday, so it's pretty unlikely I'll part with it.

Just a reminder for everyone;
Taken from the guidelines.
Thanks!
Oops sorry did mean to break any rules. Have edited my previous post.

Would you consider that to be a fish knife to be a Zulu pattern? I love it!

Mr. Lloyd does amazing work and he is a real gentleman to corrispond with!
Good morning jt. How about a fish knife with a Zulu blade? It's really a Zulu with a fish shield. It carries small but the Zulu shape gives access to the full blade, if that makes any sense.

You hit the nail on the head about John, an absolute gentleman.

Back