John Prine

I'll have to go look that up later this evening. Thanks for the heads-up.

Figured this would be a good spot for a heads up:

"Picture Show: A Tribute Celebrating John Prine" will premiere June 11 at 6:30 p.m CT on multiple platforms, including Prine's YouTube and Facebook accounts.

The announced lineup:
  • Courtney Marie Andrews
  • Dan Auerbach
  • Kevin Bacon
  • Brené Brown
  • Brandi Carlile
  • Eric Church
  • Dave Cobb
  • Stephen Colbert
  • Peter Cooper
  • Iris DeMent
  • John Dickerson
  • Mitchell Drosin
  • David Ferguson
  • Vince Gill
  • Jason Isbell
  • Jeremy Ivey
  • Jim James
  • Pat McLaughlin
  • Bill Murray
  • Kacey Musgraves
  • Margo Price
  • Fiona Whelan Prine
  • Jack Prine
  • Tommy Prine
  • Bonnie Raitt
  • The Secret Sisters
  • Kyra Sedgwick
  • Amanda Shires
  • Sturgill Simpson
  • Todd Snider
  • Billy Bob Thornton
  • Kurt Vile
  • Kelsey Waldon
  • Sara Watkins
  • Jody Whelan
  • John Paul White
  • Rita Wilson
  • Prine’s longtime band (Kenneth Blevins, David Jacques, Fats Kaplin, Jason Wilber).
ETA - Wife and I just finished watching it. Was tastefully and well done. If you missed it, linked below.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that Mike, I'd heard about it on IG but havent seen it yet. Looks like the link isnt working, I'll see if I can find another video of it.

Sorry about that John. It appears they took the video down from the channel for some reason. All I can find currently on YouTube are the individual performance videos. May still be on their Facebook, but I'm not on there and can't check if it's still active.

Last edited:
I’ll keep an eye out for it again too, it would be nice if it remained available...from the Oh Boy Records email distribution list:

For those who missed, the tribute will remain available to watch on all platforms through Sunday Night! Click any of the underlined platforms to be directed on Facebook, Youtube, and Twitch.

PBS played The Very Best of John Prine from their Austin City Limits series this past Saturday. Wifey was sleeping on the couch and I was reading some Clive Cussler book and whatever she was watching ended and it segued to John Prine and I thought, well I'll be danged. I put the book down, got another adult beverage, and enjoyed the show.

That's cool, the first time I ever heard John Prine was on Austin City Limits around 91 or 92 on the tv. I was sold once I heard him sing 'My Old Man'.

StateofSoundPrine_0.jpg

Found the story here in the Traditionals forum

These were apparently items John kept displayed when he played. Souvenirs from the man himself. I'm gonna have to pick up a yellow slimline trapper, I'm too damned sentimental not to.

...I bronzed my shoes and I hung 'em from a rearview mirror...

Back