Jungle Knife by Sher

That was quick! Seems like you just bought it! Nice photos and pics...as always

Just got a Battle Rat in the mail yesturday that you sharpened...Good Lord it's sharp enought to make the air bleed! It's incredible...

Oh, the one from Matthew? Man that 52-100 steel takes a fantastic edge. Be careful. It's sharp.

HD -
I'll add my thanks for the review too. Very informative, with exactly the right information. Does indeed look like a very useful knife and I definitely still want one. Looks like a great bushwhacking blade.

Oh, the one from Matthew? Man that 52-100 steel takes a fantastic edge. Be careful. It's sharp.

No, from Imaginefj...

Yeah, the sharpest blade I have is a 10" blade! That's crazy!! Gonna get me to work on my SS4 and Howling Rat...

That bad boy dropped a a tree in less than a minute...insane :eek:

I did some further refining of the convex edge today. The blade may be rough and unfinished, but it takes a very good edge. The shiny parts from my grinding will eventually darken after I use the knife all summer.
Jungleknife008-1.jpg

I took the knife out back in my own little hot jungle today to test the performance. It slashed through palms and palmettos with ease.
JungleKnife2002.jpg

JungleKnife2005.jpg

Then I went out to my marsh to find some hard dead Juniper to further test the edge. The knife chopped through with no edge damage at all. Steel seems to be good.
JungleKnife2007.jpg

JungleKnife2008.jpg

The blade slashed through a 1" Red Bay limb in one slash. Nice and clean. I did some further chopping and splitting of the Bay and the edge remained perfect.
JungleKnife2013.jpg

JungleKnife2014.jpg

JungleKnife2019.jpg

JungleKnife2016.jpg

This HI Jungle Knife by Sher is a joy to use, with great balance and feel. It is not as refined in appearance as most factory made knives, but the hand forged blade works beautifully.

Perhaps that chip, was the blade wanting a cho ;) Look at the shape of it!

How does the jungle blade compare to a light chitlangi or sirupati in jungle test use?

Back