1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just A Picture - Traditional Picture Show

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Gevonovich, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Champthekid

Champthekid Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2017
    toto07 likes this.
  2. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Thanks, my friend. :thumbup:

I've been favouring the larger ebony Lambsfoot lately, but I just did some blade thinning and refinement on this one over the weekend, and boy is it sharp! Great apple peeler and parer.

I find it a very ergonomic and comfortable utilty pattern, Gasman1. I'd be interested what your thoughts on the Lambsfoot are, when you get hold of one.

Here's the other side:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Nice!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

4. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Whoa! Fantastic!

5. AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    Nice! Is that a strop in the background?

6. Wheeler80

Wheeler80 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

toto07 likes this.
  7. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

8. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks and yes Sir ! Works really well to and actually my favorite strop block . It comes loaded with green compound and last for ever ! It's a strop block from KNIVESPLUS and highly recommend it . I've had it for a few years and it's my go to strop always .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    Well! Thanks. I've been using my Edge Pro up to 1200 then either the included stick / ceramic strop, or going with a 2000 tape on the edge Pro. The tape can be a pain, so maybe it's time for a different final finish? Maybe it's time for a strop block? [emoji41][emoji6]☺[emoji2]

10. Cambertree

Jun 29, 2014
    Thanks Alan.:thumbup::)

11. Cambertree

Jun 29, 2014
    Another outstanding composition that you can stare into for a good while. That could be an ad for Old Timers!:thumbup:

12. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    If you only use your knife for light use it's great to bring a edge back or even lightly polish the blade . It'll bring it back hair popping sharp as long as you don't have bad burrs on the edge . Sometimes I'll hit mine once a night if I've used it more then normal . If not a couple of days a week and let it be known it's somewhat addicting always being able to get that razor sharp edge and feeling and hearing your blade sliding across the strop . There easy to use just remember light pressure is all you need because you can round the edge trying to rush it and pushing hard the leather will slightly wrap around the edge and that's all it takes to round your edge . A convex edge you just slightly roll the knife until you hear the slight contact of the edge and you can actually feel it . When you get to the end of the block just lift the blade straight up and don't roll it .
    It's easy to roll it and not realize it but you'll know what I mean after some practice trial and error .
    I'll even use the block sometimes after using my edge pro even after taking it to 3000 just because I like it .
    You may know all the tricks but just in case you haven't used a strop block thought I'd throw some tips out there so you can get the most out of it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    Thanks Chin. :thumbup:

14. AShearer

Nov 30, 2016
    Thank you sir. For several years, I have been using the EP and not really hand stropping. Good tips.

15. Champthekid

Champthekid Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2017
    [​IMG]

toto07 likes this.
  16. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Beautiful CF on the Dunlap, Champ.

17. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks and No Problem my friend 👍

18. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    My old Parker Edwards 512 Damascus for this small Case Coke Bottle jack

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Some old Ring Turners, The Wurlitzer is old Schrade Walden the closed blade is old Iberson Sheffield England Etched Hoffritz and the partially open is another Iberson, a gift from a UK friend from over the other side of the pond. :) It are the two Ibersons out quite often, they work well when the arthritis flares up.
    ;).

[​IMG]

20. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    toto07 likes this.