Just A Picture - Traditional Picture Show

cattleman%202_zpsaidqnijj.jpg

cattleman%203-1_zpsfbotpv1m.jpg

Awesome shots John, I always love seeing pics of a Tuna knife!

When you're trying to get that shot and Sam pops in to ask: Whatcha doin' buddy?
AG6C2zh.jpg

Out of reach and in focus ;)
3I8F2cI.jpg

Last edited:
Remington scout/camp knife on one of my largest petrified wood pieces...
Untitled by swaybacksteve, on Flickr

How close to our Bokers is your Remington Steve ??? I did not go get mine to check it out , but they sure look very similar except for the Covers .
I think you enabled me on my Boker and now you have me interested in watching for more brands . Very nice picture with yours on the petrified wood .

Harry

How close to our Bokers is your Remington Steve ??? I did not go get mine to check it out , but they sure look very similar except for the Covers .
I think you enabled me on my Boker and now you have me interested in watching for more brands . Very nice picture with yours on the petrified wood .

Harry

Hi Harry it is always good to get interest in this type of scout/camp frame. The Remington is very close to the Boker. I believe the frame was started by Boker Solinger in the 40's ( this is off the top of my head) and has carried through the modern Bokers. Also made by Weidmannsheil in a number of scale materials. and others.

Remington made this camp knife in the 60's ( UMC) and then reproduced them again in early 1990's which what I have. They made two, one with a bullet for the bullet series and the other UMC round shield. Both fairly common on the auction site. As for a difference from a Boker, the Remington has a fatter spear blade, punch tapers sharper, and uses a different style can opener. Thats about it. Much more affordable too...are you enabled?:thumbs:

look up this thread. There are members here that are much more knowledgble than myself of course.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-s-see-your-sportmesser?highlight=sportmesser

Untitled by swaybacksteve, on Flickr

Swaybacksteve ::::
Thanks for the reply . Just exactly alike only different . Both the Remington and the Boker are very nice . If I see a Remington in the shops , I most likely will buy it if the price is right . I like to have doubles of patterns and I need another Remington of any pattern .

Harry

11 years of Traditional Forum's annual knife. 200-2016

kwz5QJk.jpg

2006 CSC Ring Turner in Burnt Stag

6oUjWEZ.jpg

2007 CSC Canittler in Mammoth

epqdK1B.jpg

2008 Northwoods Medium Stockman in Stag

jN7smrS.jpg

2009 Queen/Schatt Morgan Sheepsfoot Barlow in D2 (I think I love this one the most)

NvtBU32.jpg

2010 Queen Moose wrapped in Ebony

wKCDbEq.jpg

2011 GEC Easy Open Jack in jigged bone

WfsYqe4.jpg

2012 Wharncliffe Trapper in jigged bone

tCRLl9u.jpg

2013 GEC Congress Jack in bone colored micarta

oqGUPWt.jpg

2014 GEC Stag Jack, kinda self explanatory ;)

cVZ1oxk.jpg

2015 CSC Serpentine Shadow Jack in Bocote with Birdseye pivots.

SUzE5p2.jpg

2016 GEC Drover Harness Jack in jigged bone

LddVX5F.jpg

I only have three of the series. There are a few I'm kicking myself for missing out on.

I feel like the 2012 knife is one of the most underrated. Wish I could track one of those down.

AusLox, that's a beauty! I wish my Burlap Bull Nose had that texture to it, it looks fantastic. One day I will score a Northwoods knife. I always seem to miss releases because I'm on graveyards now and am sleeping during the day.

Back