Just curious, but do you buy knives.......

…...from knife companies because of the tough manly names some of them have. Cold steel, real steel, extrema ratio etc. I have no problem at all with the names i hasten to add, but i wonder if it helps you decide to buy a certain brand or knife.

If you say no......would you then be quite happy to buy and carry a knife from.....lets say......The Fluffy Bunny Bushcraft Buddies Knife Company.....if that knife was proven to be extremely tough, sharp, reliable, inexpensive. Basically a super knife, built like a tank and strong as a mammoth.

Just a silly little thread :)

would you then be quite happy to buy and carry a knife from.....lets say......The Fluffy Bunny Bushcraft Buddies Knife Company.....if that knife was proven to be extremely tough, sharp, reliable, inexpensive.
Only if it came with pink scales

Candidly, no. I have several knives that I love dearly that I can't even remember the actual model name half the time, just the maker.

"…...from knife companies because of the tough manly names some of them have."

No, I don't buy knives BECAUSE of their tough manly names.
After all, I really like my Spyderco Delica...and if you think about it, in most spiders variants, the female is usually larger and more powerful than the male spider.
And the name "DELICA" doesn't really sound all that tough and manly...it sounds kinda "delicate".

Having said that, there's no way in hell that I would own a knife called the "Maxi-Pad" or the "Big Sissy". :eek:

I don't think the name effects my purchase. I mean, I own three "Bareknuckles", which I think is a really really stupid name.

Some people hate on the ZT numbers thing, but I kinda like it. I don't remember anyone giving BMW flack for using numbers. Though I still think "Zero Tolerance" is a pretty crappy name for a knife company

No, the name has got nothing to do with it. But I do like the knives that Cold Steel makes. Would I buy from the Fluffy Bunny Knife Co.? Yeah, if it really was good. I might pass on a company called the Fairy Princess, though.

When it comes to company, I look at reputation more than name, then I look the price, and then name of the knife itself, something named "Hoodlum" will never be bought by me.
Even when buying Warcraft Tanto I was kinda cringing because of it's name.

No; a lot of the names are just silly, except for my Voodoo Armageddon Excalibur Unobtanium Death Slayer.

I already like the replies. A little knife related laughter is nice. Made me smile anyway
No; a lot of the names are just silly, except for my Voodoo Armageddon Excalibur Unobtanium Death Slayer.
Yeh, but i'm looking for a mithril enfused kryptonite blade instead of unobtanium. I hear its a little cheaper....lol

Apparently I buy knives from companies that begin with B. Benchmade, Bradshaw, Buck, Byrd...
I wouldn't let a name stop me if I really liked the design, steel, function, and value. A bad name could make a difference deciding between 2 similar knives.

I chuckled because I bought a Manly Wasp a few weeks ago and never thought about the name.
That's a coincidence, i received one today myself. Seems ok at first glance. Not a fan of company name though, even though i know it should not bother me.

That's a coincidence, i received one today myself. Seems ok at first glance. Not a fan of company name though, even though i know it should not bother me.
Ive carried mine since I got it, and it’s been a great little no nonsense knife. Cuts like crazy and has only needed a few passes on a leather strop to maintain that scary sharp edge.

Last edited:
Back