Just got my first small Sebenza

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTR357

Gold Member
I really should have checked out the specs before I bought. It's just sooo... tiny. Are these geared towards women? I can't imagine a full grown man having any use for this, unless he carries a Peanut for EDC. It barely fits my hand, three finger grip at best. Now don't get me wrong, the build quality is top notch & the action is as smooth as it gets. I just had no idea they were this small. I've only had larges in the past. This is going to be a catch & release for me. Sorry if I bunched any panties. I've just never been so underwhelmed by a knife before.
IMG_0070.jpg

You wouldn't bunch any panties by having the opinion that a large is preferable to a small for EDC, but you're certainly trying to by implying that a man wouldn't have any use for a knife with only .635" less blade than it's big brother or that small Sebenzas are for women. That's just silly. I could cut anything with my small that I could with my large. You're right though, you wouldn't have been underwhelmed if you'd read the specs before ordering.

You wouldn't bunch any panties by having the opinion that a large is preferable to a small for EDC, but you're certainly trying to by implying that a man wouldn't have any use for a knife with only .635" less blade than it's big brother or that small Sebenzas are for women. That's just silly. I could cut anything with my small that I could with my large. You're right though, you wouldn't have been underwhelmed if you'd read the specs before ordering.
Okay man. Maybe the woman comment was a little harsh. My bad. I'm not trying to sh!t on CRK's.

It's not even the small blade that I mind much. It's the little baby handle.

It's not just the small sebenza... so very many beautifully designed and aesthetic knives fall into that exact same size range. 3.35" blade is as small as I want to go.

I really should have checked out the specs before I bought. It's just sooo... tiny. Are these geared towards women? I can't imagine a full grown man having any use for this, unless he carries a Peanut for EDC. It barely fits my hand, three finger grip at best. Now don't get me wrong, the build quality is top notch & the action is as smooth as it gets. I just had no idea they were this small. I've only had larges in the past. This is going to be a catch & release for me. Sorry if I bunched any panties. I've just never been so underwhelmed by a knife before.
View attachment 2575986
I understand. I've had a small before and handled several others they just don't work with my hands.

I didn't mean to sound like a troll & come on the CRK forum & bitch about their little knife, although I'm sure that's how it came off & I apologize. I was just expecting more. I didn't "order it". I saw a Sebenza with micarta handles(my fav) in the exchange for under $400 & jumped on it. I should have done my research. I've had larges before & just didn't expect the small to be so small.

When I go from a large Sebenza to a small I'm always surprised by how small the small feels. But as that wears off I always get impressed by how good an EDC knife it is.
When I jump back to a Large Sebenza it is as if I am pulling out a medieval sword the first couple of times I use it.

Small or Large - both sizes work for me.

In all seriousness, yeah the Small Sebenza is too small for me as well. Oddly enough, even though the Small Inkosi is even smaller, the finger choil, thickness, and weight of the knife makes it usable for me with my hands. My hands seem to be about the same size as yours. The Large Inkosi is of course way more comfortable. If you can stand the pocket clip positioning, the Umnumzaan is also pretty good for large hands as well.

I know a lot of people like the Sebenza 31, but I didn't like it for a lot of reasons. I do find the Inkosi to be way more up my alley.

Been there, done that. I’ve only got one small Sebenza and it’s a regular. Can’t say I carry it.
I prefer the large also. Don’t ever get a small Inkosi if you don’t care for the small Sebenza.

Been there, done that. I’ve only got one small Sebenza and it’s a regular. Can’t say I carry it.
I prefer the large also. Don’t ever get a small Inkosi if you don’t care for the small Sebenza.
Yeah I admit to being weird in this department. The Small Inkosi is usually waaay too small for most.

In all seriousness, yeah the Small Sebenza is too small for me as well. Oddly enough, even though the Small Inkosi is even smaller, the finger choil, thickness, and weight of the knife makes it usable for me with my hands. My hands seem to be about the same size as yours. The Large Inkosi is of course way more comfortable. If you can stand the pocket clip positioning, the Umnumzaan is also pretty good for large hands as well.

I know a lot of people like the Sebenza 31, but I didn't like it for a lot of reasons. I do find the Inkosi to be way more up my alley.
I've been looking at Inkosi's lately. I like the finger grips like the old school regular Sebenza's. I had an Umnumzaan years ago & loved it.

I've been looking at Inkosi's lately. I like the finger grips like the old school regular Sebenza's. I had an Umnumzaan years ago & loved it.
The Inkosi is one that you would want to try out in person. It's a make or break with the finger grooves. The Umnumzaan is awesome, but it's one of the hardest CRK to get a hold of. First world problems, am I right? 😂

The small is just right for me, but I'm also not a very large person. Also, my area has a 3.5" blade length limit so larges are not legal unless you grind a bit of blade off. Legality aside, I do tend to prefer a blade more toward 3 inches that is slim and trim in pocket for daily carry. There are times I'll carry something bigger but I'm completely comfortable with a 3 inch blade.

I've spent a lot of time hiking and fishing with my small Sebenza and have not found it lacking.

i-BKSC45v-L.jpg

i-S4ms32N-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back