Just got my Mini Grip..

Mine, too... and it's only about a week old, so it's a new knife with minimal usage so far. It's also the only BM I've ever had that wasn't 100% right comin' out of the box. I've looked around here and on the BM forum and several people have had this "experience" (I wouldn't actually call it a problem if the blade doesn't rub on the liner and if it doesn't have any play in it).

Mine is only slightly off center. I don't think that the blade is the problem. It seems to be evenly ground and straight. I may try to D/A the knife, make sure that everything is clean and laying flat, and rotate the washers and blade pivot before I R/A it. If that doesn't help, I probably won't give it any more thought.

Excellent post. Thanks for the help. I guess I am going to just grin and take it as well.

And I think it looks a bit aggressive for me to get away with EDC in NJ.

I know my experience in NJ is quite limited (thank goodness!) but when I was there last week my mini-RSK was clipped in my pocket before I left the airport and stayed there until I had to pack it to check my bag. I never gave it a second thought, and apparently neither did the folks I was visiting (business trip to Union Beach and Hazlet area). Just keep your nose clean and you won't draw attention to yourself. Ask around a bit, I don't think there are any legal issues with the mini Grip in NJ (discalimer - I am no expert on knife laws in NJ).

Anyway, it was good to get home where I am a citizen instead of a subject and could strap on my CCW.

I know my experience in NJ is quite limited (thank goodness!) but when I was there last week my mini-RSK was clipped in my pocket before I left the airport and stayed there until I had to pack it to check my bag. I never gave it a second thought, and apparently neither did the folks I was visiting (business trip to Union Beach and Hazlet area). Just keep your nose clean and you won't draw attention to yourself. Ask around a bit, I don't think there are any legal issues with the mini Grip in NJ (discalimer - I am no expert on knife laws in NJ).

Anyway, it was good to get home where I am a citizen instead of a subject and could strap on my CCW.

I hear ya. I am a clean cut guy.. and cause no trouble. But I also don't want some ridiculous cop to take my little yellow mini grip as a reason to hassle me.. even though it will always be in pocket.

Back