Just got my new 'hawk from K-5 Tactical!

I don't know were to start. My tactical spike from
K-5 Tactical is one awesome piece of steel. I've looked for a long time for a 'hawk with all the features I want with out breaking the bank. At long last I've found it. Here's a few pics

The sheath is fully ambidexterous
08_22_0.jpg

The 'hawk is made out of 3/8 " stock
08_22_4.jpg

Close up of the business end
08_22_2.jpg

This one speaks for it self
08_22_5.jpg

Being all steel it does have some wieght to it.
But, the balance point is right at the top of handle scales so the wieght distribution is nuetral to slightly handle heavy. For me it's very lively in the hand.
I'm not a 'hawk thower,I'd wager this would throw very well and hit like a ton of Bricks.
A lot of tomahawk for $100.
www.k5tactical.com

Just got mine too :D Eddie did a great job of keeping us apprised of the progress, and then getting them out to us ASAP :thumbup: I'm looking forward to 'ringing it out' over the weekend, and will post a review when done. So far, responses to it have been :eek: "what'a ya gonna demolish with that?"

Thank you Bladewolf for your response. Eddie is a great gentleman to deal with.

His 'hawks are fantastic. Other 'hawk makers would want 3 x's the price he's asking. If there's anybody setting on the fence about K5 Tactical. Do your self a favor and order one.

Thanks Guys!!! :rolleyes: I am very glad you are happy with your purchases.

I just got back from VA Beach. I attended a Counter Terrorism conference as a vendor there this past week. It was the experience of a lifetime.

The 'hawks went over very well.

I met Chris Reeves and his beautiful wife while I was there(great people, to say the least)

Eddie

We are able to make the proprieary Kydex sheath that comes with each of our hawks to fit most models of hawks available. (Patent Pending)

K5-Prototype.JPG

Make it a great day,

Eddie
www.k5tactical.com

Sooo many cool new pieces of gear ive seen in the past coup-le of days joining these forums...i cant save money fast enough. I MUST have one of these hehe. Very nice work. I have a question, how hard is it to remove the black parts on the handle if som eone wanted to say add a custom wood finish or give it a more traditional look, wrap it in leather? or do you recomend something else for a traditonal tomahawk? Thanks~~

Shiv,

The handle scales are aluminum and are attached with four black, stainless, Phillips head screws. Very easily removed or adapted. I designed them this way for that purpose.

Eddie

vary nice looking, but rember not to stick the spike in your face like my friend did, that was a big ouch!!!!

Guys, I just got mine last week and its awesome!!! The hawk itself is powerful and well made. The sheath is the best hawk sheath I've seen yet. Easy to deploy and easy to make more secure if needed. Additionally the sheath attaches to PALS webbing which is exactly what I wanted. Eddie is great to deal with too. You'll love this hawk!

Looks and sounds great. The price on the site was @ $150. Where did you score one for $100?

D

Thanks for the update, I was saving my pennies to buy 2, one spike & one hammer. I imagine the inclement weather caused by the hurricanes and the poor unfortunate oil companies have forced up prices 50%. I was fortunate enough to commission and receive a matched pair from 2 Hawks. :)

Oh well, you snooze you lose
;)

Guys,
The K5 was on sale as an introductory offer until something like the 20th when it went up to full price. Even at full price, this thing is well worth the money. I'm sure Eddie can expand on this but I just wanted to drop in this bit of info.

You are correct. It was an introductory price until 9/20/05. Being a new company with a new product, I felt that the $99.99 price for the first two months was a good way to get these tools out.

I apologize for the hassle. I feel that the $149.99 price is still very fair and available for most. I make a great product (IMHO) and think that you would be hard pressed to find a better, stronger, more customizable hawk and sheath combo anywhere for the price.

Make it a great day,

Eddie Killian

I will be ordering my tactical spike hawk any day now, I am so excited I joined the forum just to talk about it. I e-mailed Eddie and he's really a great guy, and his work looks great!
I was planning on getting an RMJ forge hawk for at least twice the money, but just by fluke I found something much cheaper and better, I cant believe my luck.
Personally I like the beefieness this monster has to offer. light is good for throwing maybe, but you could cut down a good sized tree with this, plus it's major plus as a wilderness self defense weapon. (many nosy black bears in my area)
Thanks for making such a great looking product Eddie, I can't wait til I get it!

These Kick A$$ I have owned a dozen differnt Hawks from cheap to High End and this is best Value for the $$$...
Brad

The hawks are machined from 3/8' thick 1050 carbon steel. They are
hardened and tempered to RC56-58. They are treated back beyond the
plunge lines so you will NEVER run out of hardened material.
Thank you for your enquiry. If you have any more questions, feel free
to contact me.

Make it a great day,

Eddie Killian
www.k5tactical.com

So I'm putting one on order...
jb

My K-5 TacHawk is on it's way to me across North America. Though a far from combative purpose, it's first duty will be to build my nephew a debris hut to serve as a fort until his grandfather finishes his treehouse. Then will follow some recreational throwing. After that, I'll sleep with it under my pillow as soon as the Teflon pillow cases arrive. Now where did I put that Comtech video?

diablero

Back