Just once

Yes it would be nice to see some higher end steel, even if in a limited run. That might even impress the haters, not that I could care less.

I'll just leave this here :D

wc_sm.jpg

We just finished filming our next PROOF video a month or so ago and I was astounded by how well this knife performed.
Rest assured, this is just the beginning...

The only items that I have seen cold steel not put their name on are the sterile ones made for special projects..

The most expensive knife he can probably afford IS the same price as a cold steel machete and that's all he can base his posts on.

There are no plans that I know of to do limited runs with different steels - but as one of my colleagues is fond of saying "you never know what the future may bring"

It's a shame about that. Not only do buyers like runs with high performing steels, they also seem to go crazy over "sprint runs", "boutique" or whatever you want to call them.

Many people love the Voyager build including the Demko "Tri Ad" addition to the basic lockback but are not real thrilled with the Aus 8. Cold Steel does Aus 8 very well, but it is far from a top of the line performer. Not even close in fact. People fondly recall the VG1 Voyagers even though it was a good performing, though certainly not "super steel".

Last edited:
I really like Cold Steel products, I use them right alongside my much more expensive knives. I also understand the simple economics of why CS wouldn't want to offer any upgraded sprint options, but the fact is.....S30V with G10 Lawman/Voyager/Recon1 is just to good an idea to pass on, and we know you really want to see these too......So come on, let's do this together!!!!

Just once
Hmm... They should bring back the ATC design. The ATC is to the Gurkha Kukri as the Trailmaster is to the Laredo Bowie. Infact, the similarities in the hand are uncanny.
p3gh.jpg

Back