K5 Tactical Tomahawks

Hello, I have finally gotten my hawks into production and am now waiting on sheaths (3 to4 weeks out) I respect you all, and would enjoy your opinions/questions.

Tactical Tomahawk-Spike
P1010019.JPG

Tactical Tomahawk-Hammer Poll
P1010023.JPG

Make it a great day,
Eddie Killian
eddie@k5tactical.com

Very nice. Please provide specs: type of steel, hardness, weight, length, etc. and price.

The Tactical Hawk-Spike is made from 3/8" thick 1050 high carbon steel. The edges are hardened, and tempered. But the handle is left unhardened for its shock absorbing ability. The Hawk is powder-coated tan over its entire 16.5" length.

The head is 7.5" long with a 3.5" Edge face. The beard also has 3 inches of sharpened edge for hooking moves. The spike is 3.5 inches long from the center of the hawk. The spike is an inverted Americanized Tanto shape and is sharp all the way around. Totaling 9 inches of edge.

The Handle scales are 6061 T6 Aluminum that has been MIL Spec Type III Hard Anodized with a greenish tint.

It comes with a proprietary Kydex sheath made for K5 Tactical by The SheathMechanic. The sheath is Jumpable, ambidextrous, and uses short Alice/MALICE clip attachments, making it MOLLE/STRIKE/SPEAR compatible.(Not included) And most important of all, it is MADE IN THE USA!

Weight is approx. 26oz without sheath

Violation of selling post in informational forum.

Thank you for taking the time to ask.

Eddie Killian
eddie@k5tactical.com

Why aluminum for the handle scales? I haven't seen this before on a tomahawk and just wondering what your thinking was with that choice.

Well, Durability, ease of manufacturing, and price. The anodizing allows for a super durable product with very little infra-red signature. The weight was also a factor. I know that there are some concerns by some about the aluminum, like condutivity of cold/heat. I believe most products have an issue or two, so I chose aluminum. I also believe that most operators are now wearing gloves most of the time, which lessens that problem. As far as texture or gripability it works great, and also takes to customizing with grip tape or A-grip better than most materials I tried. The hawk handle has four oblong holes used to lighten it. Which work very well for those who choose to cord wrap. The scales' texture also allows for great grip of paracord should one choose to wrap over them to allow for heavier winter gloves or greater indexing in the hand.

I also felt that if it is good enough for the best flashlights in the industry and some handgun grips, it should work well here.

Thank you for the question, I hope I answered it well.

Eddie

I want one of thses suckers :D . But for different reasons than a group buy. I don't think anyone is gonna wanna follow where I'm gonna take this baby ;) . How do I get one of these? Don't pull an ATC on me and tell me "it's shipping next tuesday"? :D

M10commander,
You can throw them. They are a little heavy at 26ozs, but they really hit with a wallop(technical term) In the stumps that I have been tearing up with these, the entire spike will bury, same for the main blade. The spike at the end of the handle is also formidable and will penetrate rather well thought the scales do affect its depth.

Miketm,
Sales type post removed.
Eddie

Nooooo.......... :rolleyes: I wasn't talking about YOUR company! Jeeez, now you sound like my wife, she freakin' always misinterprets me! I think the hawks look great! matter of fact, I definitely want one. I apologize If it sounded like I meant that your company was full of baloney. I just ordered a......actually, not JUST, lets say when I got home from Kabul a couple months ago, oredered a ATC hawk from Cutlery Shoppe, supposedly the place has them in stock, I mean DAM! they are on the frickin cover of the cataloge. Soooo, several months later, no hawk, gotta split soon, so call the place up. Talked to the owner, excellent guy, had my refund out that day, apologized profusely. Said it was a shipping problem at the source which I find easy to believe since I sent a hawk in their for replacement handle and had to wait three months to get it back. Bottom line, I want a hawk from you AND I will continue to shop at the cutlery shoppe because I think the owner is a good dude.

Thats very nice , I like the Hammer Hawk for camping and the price is very nice , Will you be doing any testing with pics? . :)

Miketm,
Got your email. I did not think you were accusing me, I was just letting you know, I feel your pain, and will be doing my best to not subject any of my clients to those types of problems.

Goodmanfj,
Thanks for the comments. I usually do my testing alone, Like this past weekend. Which makes pics somewhat difficult. I will most likely after my website gets the ability, take some torture test pics and post them. Right now, I am selling all the hawks I have made and am in process on another run. I would hate to destroy a hawk that can be in the hands of a user. Maybe the next run I'll have a gunniea pig. I have really beat up my first prototype. Which is how I got to this design. It has a couple of nicks in the blade from hitting some rocks, and the spike tip has been filed after destroying a cinder block. It also has about six layers of Krylon camo paint, from all the different terrains I've tested in.

Thanks guys,
Eddie

Your inventory situation is not welcome here

Though I am biased, I don't think there is a sheath that is better in the industry. And they come standard with each hawk. I only have Dave at www.sheathmechanic.com to thank for making my design ideas happen.

Check it out.
K5-Prototype.JPG

Make it a great day,

Eddie
www.k5tactical.com

I'd really like to buy one of these, but I don't want to give out my birthdate to do it.

I was able to turn off the B'day request in my site. Now what is your excuse? :footinmou

I am glad you like them.

Eddie

Back