KA-BAR Chat thread - Come on in the house

that sounds like a fun funeral!

You guys should make a Trump commemorative edition gold electroplated KA-BAR full-size fighting knife w/ one of his catchphrases and bust etched on both sides of the blade...that would be RAD :cool:

Dune? have to read it again; ordered the first trilogy and will soon get back to it, after many years.

Aaaaand...went to a gun show on saturday and scored a black kraton 1217 with the new grind at a decent price, haggled a bit for it and a Nieto and ended up talking knives for like half an hour with the seller, dude sure knows his stuff. Knife saw action already, used the pommel to hammer a rusty ratcheting handle, now need to get the hard plastic sheath for it.

Just inherited this guy:

20170126_100126_zpsua9gijuq.jpg

20170126_100055_zpsnsfwkkwj.jpg

will do when I get home

I have a complaint. Well, maybe not so much of a complaint as a suggestion. I feel that at least one model of the KA-BAR Short combat / utility knife should have a blade just as wide as the regular KA-BAR Full Size.

The length of the short is fine, but I personally would prefer the blade have the same width as the full size KA-BAR Combat / utility knife. :cool:

I would be happier if the Navy Mk 1 had the same length handle as the Mk 2
Or even better - if KaBar would come out with a version of the 225Q

Back