KA-BAR Chat thread - Come on in the house

3d2667acd3c33445c8995048628977a2.jpg

One cool "feature" about the A10 - it is one of those rare aircraft that can shoot itself down. The recoil on its 30mm cannon is so strong that if the pilot fires a long enough burst under the right circumstances (attack speed less than XXX knots and altitude YYY feet) the plane can drop below stall speed and crash before the pilot can recover control. Or so I was told by a Warthog pilot with whom I went to school.

gee, all mine did was call and tell me about the great beer's she was tasting - and maybe bringing me some of it.

And you've waited over a month to let us know! how cruel! There have been people camped out at their keyboards for a response!

this was a lot of fun to play with over the weekend -- thanks Kabar for sending a set to use at E's place!
ps. we had 22 contestants in the mini-"knife rodeo" and they all used the same knife - and at the end of the afternoon, it had no edge deformities and the tip even survived some harsh contact with the concrete a time or 2.

Since I don't recall seeing this addressed anywhere, I guess I'll take the brunt of the heat first and ask the obvious question that I'm sure MANY have thought about. Here it goes *AHEM*....

Why not make a version of the classic KA-BAR combat knife with a wider tang? I'm sure you guys know that plenty want it so, why not give it a try? Doesn't even have to be a regular production item. Just pump out a 1000 or so and see what kind of feedback you get.

Back