KA-BAR Photo Thread - Post Your Ka-Bar Knife Pictures Here

The bottom one is a model 598-5 if it has a 5"blade. 598s are one of the few pre-war knives to have brass guards, most had nickel silver guards. 598s came with 5",6",7", 8", and for a short time 4" blades They are late knives, seem to first appear in brochures in 1938. They also were only available with leather handles. Brochure lists a 12" blade version but none of these has ever been seen.

Thank you once again gunsil you are truly a wealth of knowledge. I just measured the blade and it is a 5 inch blade. I'm really fond of this knife. Its quite comfortable in my hand.

Hi Folks,

I bought this instant Ka-Bar collection a week ago.
Thought you might enjoy a group picture.
Burnt Stag
IGOC0H4.jpg

My little collection :)

From the left :

KA4072BO
Mini dozier BO
Folding Hunter 4062blue
Folding Hunter 4062coyote
Dozierek alu+d2 (small folder)
Folding Hunter 4067 half-serr
Phat Bob aus-8+mikarta
Dozier Large 4070
Dozier Large 4071
QYTVQ-1WWXkqYZDeI-Cy7t3eRPRVjjcsKd_IxwH1iknooL_j4RpeJRariDpfSZBksyBlXzXELXp2eoJsqCHRF3GLE-CPAiHdsww43VbCu7O2YyBeR_nindnSsxnxIStQ8nGxRxpTgy7u5HYNFJbFOMzeTjwC_Lu_JwFLwB0kfBx5Ft0rCWPh98NYgFndSm-AvKnFs3LtaxpEIK9gRdzvdTeLM6quxRI38eUGTC5tuBklL9e9x2iECrYVl9AfaSDt5YysdIaDeZFHlYLfHE7DCNUVN98MD_UOwMVEcum__qAeok4jNs02rFrQXhTPZlmAjLVFZUlMTo8f-wrLU1is8jvdTTzsa_KjwlyfUBLHr8zlmSLgJ9cA5in4mB7BpSDyFC0PjurHk1G2VtlPJ7vDDeArORZid2HBDJBvh3PdhdkFK6hIGORYAJ3oZnK4jr7rxtfwQh1UnhX4lg7giwOHZA2ETOHHCGith006hwZUQ3DZuDmoxzxwDEjJpBQCXUhOpf0ZLJhzPGBrgw9INg7Jgx4VLbpiIwn2N8bo42QBU-Q0IsRirUB9zKHLLMDnVcfGJQpe13Movl_K3akntKvkn5T597CQmhNV4cIp3MBE87UBMELSfpM2w2sDIeZxDZHPnZwXxbhf769K910kgBp5X6iZYdCUcLrSfPHxrH1kkua1qQ=w920-h690-no

Last edited:
Two more members to my KA-BAR family. Got a short in a spec-ops sheath and the bottom one im not quite sure yet. No model #, stainless steel, heavy, sharpened false edge, what appears to be a well built kydex sheath that says Bladetech industries on it. Of course the knife says kabar olean ny.

Hi,The next gen knife you have is the first generation as it has a bead blasted finish and pommel rounded on both front and back.
Your knife will be the 12c27 Swedish tool steel,not the later 440a steel which had a grey powdercoated blade.
These came with various types of kydex and leather sheaths,yours looks to be the first type kydex.
The first gens also did not have model numbers on the blade.Awesome pickup,enjoy!

A animalinstinct That Dozier folder really has impressed the hell outa me. What a great value :thumbsup:

Totally agree. I paid $19.50 for it on amazon. She keeps it in a cheap leather sheath I found on ebay for $3. I was a little weary before it arrived since it doesn't have a metal liner or anything, but she is solid as a rock. There is barely any flex. Once my gerber paraframe gives up on me I may have to get one for myself. I may have to get one anyway :) The hollow grind is a great slicer and RAZOR sharp. Sheath fits very nice for the price. I'm not super fond of the sheath, but if she's happy then I'm happy

YW79Pz3.jpg

lXT74vY.jpg

Back