[KaBar] cross-talk the BK9 has something to contend with

:thumbup::thumbup: Well, i for one am glad they made it, period. Maybe others will follow suit. There is NOT an abundance of cleavers avail anymore. More choices are/is always better. Full width, full tang is always better IMO. Different color handles & both sets included is always better. Easy too see if not in tactical mode. Also loving the 1/4" thickness, means you can baton the snot out of it. I know my 1/4" blades do not get stuck as much as my thinner ones. Only one problem i see for me-----& this is just me, based on the still shot at 0.45 seconds, it looks like you can't really use it as a cleaver on a table because the blade will not sit flush with the table without the handle hitting the table first. Maybe it is just the angle of the still pic, IDK. Hope thats all it is. I enjoy the whole ZK thing as fun, but function is a must for me too. Carry on.

Last edited:
I want one of those cleavers, I think they come with black scales too. Good on Kabar keeping up with the trends and having some fun, and making money.

Everything old is new again....

DSC_0004.jpg

don't show Ethan, he's not allowed to have toxic green cuz he laughed at it :)

On second thought, I could use a good american made prybar. With how wide it is and its built in handle it should make a good quicky skillet for those bacon mornings too.

A little disappointed with the negative, close-minded response to this new knife. But to everyone their own opinion. For those who think this is a "mall-ninja" knife, this could not be further from fact. These blades are old-styled military blades that have been used before. I think this one has potential as a chopper and a woods knife. I like it.

:DI think if the guy doin the choppin would of demonstrated on the guy doing the talkin instead of a rubber dummy, that video would of almost been entertaining. As far as the knife, not for me but to each there own. If its american made, I do like that...............Oh, and one more thing. You guys know that zombies do not really exist...........Right?

The Zombie bit was fun for a while but it's become overdone.

Now... how effective is that thing against the dadgum aliens? I ain't gettin' probed. No sir.

The Zombie bit was fun for a while but it's become overdone.

Now... how effective is that thing against the dadgum aliens? I ain't gettin' probed. No sir.

I wouldn't be two worried about aliens they're many light years away, those Sasquatch in them hills over yonder are something to keep an eye on :D

:DI think if the guy doin the choppin would of demonstrated on the guy doing the talkin instead of a rubber dummy, that video would of almost been entertaining. As far as the knife, not for me but to each there own. If its american made, I do like that...............Oh, and one more thing. You guys know that zombies do not really exist...........Right?

i guess you haven't seen moose stumbling around camp in a ghilli suit then :)

Oh, and one more thing. You guys know that zombies do not really exist...........Right?

I work in a government office -- if you had to see what I see Monday mornings before the coffee starts flowing you might change your opinion...

I just saw a YouTube video the other day that talked about the real possibility of zombie apocolypse. (I still think its a just crap after watching it) It gave 5 scientific reasons. I really cant stand the zombie stuff. I think its ridiculous but to each his own. I understand alot of people think its all just for fun and thats cool, but some people actually believe this stuff. I know of a few people (friends of friends) that are thoroughly convinced its not far off and they are constantly ready for a zombie attack (personally I think these guys spent a little too much time in the black lights and strobe lights in high school-if ya know what i mean.lol) I dont know if its allowed to post links to YT videos but if anyone is interested in checking it out, the title is "5 scientific reasons a zombie apocalypse could actually happen"

I just saw a YouTube video the other day that talked about the real possibility of zombie apocolypse. (I still think its a just crap after watching it) It gave 5 scientific reasons. I really cant stand the zombie stuff. I think its ridiculous but to each his own. I understand alot of people think its all just for fun and thats cool, but some people actually believe this stuff. I know of a few people (friends of friends) that are thoroughly convinced its not far off and they are constantly ready for a zombie attack (personally I think these guys spent a little too much time in the black lights and strobe lights in high school-if ya know what i mean.lol) I dont know if its allowed to post links to YT videos but if anyone is interested in checking it out, the title is "5 scientific reasons a zombie apocalypse could actually happen"

You may be confusing the use of the words zombie apocalypse. They use it now to describe what happens after desasters like Katrina when the crouds raped, robbed, and ran in mobs.

A 1/4" Ka-bar cleaver with JAB handles? Yes, please! I need a companion to my Potbelly. Replace the scales with some Tommythewho wood or stipple the black scales, convex the edge, and you got a serious working tool ready to go.

I'm in.

Just noticed the pinky hook on the bottom of the grip. A nice feature, but a bit too prominent for my taste. I'll grind mine down a bit, I think. Make it less pointy.

Back