• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Karambit

This is my first karambit design....

11" overall with a 6.5" blade. Antique finish 5160, ironwood scales, tooled leather sheath.

karambit4.jpg

karambit3.jpg

karambit2.jpg

karambit1.jpg

$375 shipped priority mail insured to the lower 48.

Thanks for looking.

john@dervishknives.com

:eek: Very nice John. Your designs certainly are distinguishable. I think Weta-workshops in New Zealand should have contacted you for input on weaponry for the Lord of the Rings movies! They would've fit in nicely.
EricO

Thanks guys! Eric, I keep getting that from people- that my work looks LotR-ish. It's not my intention to be producing "fantasy" pieces, although I do feel a certain affnity for the genre. I like to think I am more influenced by various historical pieces from different (mosly eastern/mideastern) cultures. But those of you who've seen my artwork can see where my knife designs get the weirdness factor. ;)

Don't worry John--if they're any kind of fantasy they're a knife user's fantasy. Beauty and function can co-exist, and certainly do in both of my knives from you.

BTW, cool knife... ;)
Warren

John, Great job ,everything on the knife flows together like it should.

John, rest assured I wasn't lumping you in with "fantasy" knife makers. You know, the kind they sell in the Highlander catalogs ;) . I think Warren/tmpani hit it right on the nose, and certainly more eloquently than I could. I agree with him.

EricO
...who're you kidding, only hobbits could've crafted that blade! :D
Correction - as my wife kindly ;) pointed out to me that hobbits are peace loving farmers. Elves made weaponry. Sheezz. Whatever.

Very cool knife. The look and flow of the whole piece is fantastic. Very impressive piece of work.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch, guys! Praise from such talented makers makes all these crumby shop days worth while. :D

EricO, I am much more hobbit-like than elf-like! ;)

Back