Blade Length: 9 1/8"
Overall Length: 14 1/4"
Blade: 1095 & 15N20, 5 bar, bot-blued Turkish Twist damascus
Guard: Hot-blued steel
Finial: Stainless take-down finial with wart hog tusk finial cover
Handle: Stabilized "cross-hatched" California Walnut
Sheath: David Seward

click image to enlarge

Outstanding images. This knife deserves the multiple images to really appreciate Karl's fit and finish. Beautiful sheath. Great Damascus. Thanks for posting Caleb.

Beautiful knife Karl. Especially like the Damascus.
One of my favorites of yours to date. David's sheath really complements it
but then his sheaths always do complete the package so well.

I think this is the best I have seen from Karl. The collector will be thrilled. Those sheaths are just out standing that David does. Congrats to all.

The only thing that could make that knife look any better would be a MS stamp on it. Karl??

Bob

My favorite steel from Karl so far. I also like how it looks just as good inside as outside

WOW! :eek:

All I can say is wow.

I've been wondering lately about the takedown style. It has a certain allure to it. Is there a specific purpose behind the style? Or more of a showcase of the maker's skill?

Yes and yes.
It allows the maker to do such things as filing and bluing and etching, etc after all the components are made and the knife configured.
The assembly can be relaxed so the handle material is free to move during environmental irregularity - hot/cold, dry/humid, etc. and will never be under any stress causing shrinkage, cracking etc.
The fully assembled and tightened knife is every bit as strong and rigid as any fully epoxied/glued knife.
The list is actually longer than I have time to type this evening.

WOW! :eek:

All I can say is wow.

I've been wondering lately about the takedown style. It has a certain allure to it. Is there a specific purpose behind the style? Or more of a showcase of the maker's skill?

Absolutely beautiful! This my favorite knife from Karl. The steel is stunning! David did great with the sheath. The way David has been inlaying, overlaying and carving has elevated his art.

Chris

Very impressive on all fronts, blade, Damascus, handle, fittings, style, sheath - And the photos.

Definitely my favorite of your knives I've had the pleasure of viewing, Karl.
David's sheath looks perfect with it.
Perfect set.

Doug

Back