Kershaw 7777 The (only) Knife I'm Truely Excited For.

Will you be getting a 7777?

• No Thanks!

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • For Sure On My List!

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Wait and See...

Votes: 49 32.9%

• Total voters
They pushed the bar higher with the dividend in m390 for under $80. The blur in s30v goes for about $70. This should be priced alongside the 14c28 blurs, it’s priced high, like the knockout, but for an American made blade that isn’t 420HC maybe I’m expecting yesterday’s prices. 14c28 is fine, but it’s still a conventional steel. If it were g10 would the price be lower or higher? I’m still used to getting any 14c28 blade for about $40, but this and the knockout seem better built overall than the dividend. I’ll get this knife when it’s made in m390 or 20cv. I’m glad it’s not another made in China blade, or American made 420HC at least! And if I had to choose a conventional steel, I’d take this one over any other Kershaw besides the knockout.
I think I paid about $70 for the Kershaw speed bump when it was made in the USA with the same steel and g10 handles.

Cant wait. Great size, non assist, usa made and a sub frame lock for less than $70!

I saw one yesterday, it’s a bit larger than the Natrix and has a more pointed blade shape.

It’s a nice knife overall...BUT the example I held had a warped blade that was rubbing against the frame.

I’ve never seen or heard of warping with 14C28N before, that was a major issue with the 7007 though. Maybe it’s something resulting from how they make this blade shape?

Lock bar was also very sensitive to contact, I’ll withhold final judgement until I see another example with proper QC, I want to like this but again Kai is making it difficult.

It’s not like they get much “good will” for their online presence, their typical response on the green forum is to usually tell anyone who questions them that they’re wrong and then let the fanboys pile on. I’ve never seen a sales manager of a major company conduct themselves in such a way, obviously they have a different take on things.

Saw a few places with them in stock yesterday. Looks like they're all sold out already. Bummer, wanted to get one on payday.

Mine came just now. First impressions are good. Mine is centered and flips well, thanks to a smooth action and stiff detent. The detent pressure is feisty enough on mine that it definitely takes a few shakes for it to fall closed, though I haven't broken it in yet.

My one minor annoyance with the knife is what looks like a US flag facing the wrong way (union to the right) on the back side of the blade:

aEI1oHS.jpg

Fit and finish is surprisingly good for a US made knife at this price point. The hole thing feels tight and stout and mine has no blade play, the blade is centered, and I didn't bump into any uncomfortable sharp spots handling it.

Here's a quick snapshot in suboptimal indoor lighting at night, using my phone:

XO69Ch0.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised overall, I really like it. IMO, it's just the perfect size, in between the little bit on the small side 0770cf and the slightly larger than it needs to be 0777.

Last edited:
My one minor annoyance with the knife is what looks like a US flag facing the wrong way (union to the right) on the back side of the blade:

aEI1oHS.jpg

That's just the military style of the flag patch on uniforms. It's "backwards" because it's supposed to look like you're holding the flag while marching forward so the stars are supposed to face the front.

Just ordered a Bareknuckle 7777, which shown as "in stock" at the non-BF sponsor site where I found it.

I also ordered a blue/black Natrix XL(already have a black Natrix G10), which is also hard to find, as well as a M390 Link on a different site.

That's just the military style of the flag patch on uniforms. It's "backwards" because it's supposed to look like you're holding the flag while marching forward so the stars are supposed to face the front.

And I wouldn't complain if it was a patch on a uniform. The union is to face forward on a soldier's shoulder so as to provide the suggestion that it's flowing in the breeze behind them as they move forward. In a horizontal fixed display towards the view my gut wants the union on the left, I think, and hence I find the backwards version on the blade a little off-putting. I suppose I'll just have to imagine someone in uniform rushing forward with it to shank the enemy to get used to it.

Its no "uglier" than a ZT0393 which I resembles in shape to me but it's an easier buy at 1/3rd the price.

Well that one is ugly too, and I have no interest in it either. But the O.P. didn't ask what we thought of the ZT0393, so I didn't give my opinion of it.:)

O.B.

Knife looks awesome.
Can't wait for an m390 sprint....

There are only three M390 Kershaws that I am aware of: the Link (1776BLK), the Dividend (1812BLK) and a USA Made Blade "exclusive" Knockout (1870BLUSW). These are also all made in the USA. Please add to this list if you are aware of any others.

Would have been better to make the Bareknuckle w/M390 at the outset but that would probably have increased the street price to $100 and the MSRP to around $130-140 which is probably too close to a ZT price point. Doesn't mean they might not make a M390 variation but I'm pretty sure that cost and marketability will be limiting factors.

Given the cost factors, it would be more likely that they'd produce a ZT variant but they already have the 0392/0393 that look virtually the same in body style/shape. So, that negates the likelihood of that as well but, then again, if the demand is there, I'm sure KAI will not hesitate to make whatever they think will sell.

Last edited:
And I wouldn't complain if it was a patch on a uniform. The union is to face forward on a soldier's shoulder so as to provide the suggestion that it's flowing in the breeze behind them as they move forward. In a horizontal fixed display towards the view my gut wants the union on the left, I think, and hence I find the backwards version on the blade a little off-putting. I suppose I'll just have to imagine someone in uniform rushing forward with it to shank the enemy to get used to it.

Try this perspective: think of the flag less like a 2D painting and more like a 3D kinetic sculpture where the union points in the direction of motion. The guideline you're referring that requires the union of the flag be to the upper left (from the observer's point of view) applies when the flag is displayed against a wall, not when the flag is printed on a moving object. Personally I feel like the correct thing to do for moving objects is to print the flag in the same way that a cloth flag in its place would naturally face during motion, in other words with the union facing forward, and this symbolism is so powerful that if you had the union facing the handle instead of the tip then the flag would be symbolizing retreat.

Back