Kershaw Cryo - BNIB (GAW)

I have a Cryo story!

I went on a family camping trip several years ago, I was just starting to get into knives and I got that nutnfancy fever, you know I was basically buying anything that he or the lateboyscout or apostle happened to be testing out at the moment.

The cryo, leek, drifter, mini grip, crkt lake, od-2, sanrenmu, we're in my possession at the time. This was before I ended up being devoted to traditionals and Spydercos after going through a heck of a lot of other knives.

I was trying to get my brother in law into knives so I gifted him a cryo on the trip. We were dead asleep at 230 am when my mother in law heard rustling and woke us up to investigate.

Me and my brother in law in our underwear run out of the campsite and down a ravine where we heard the noise flashlights in hand, turns out it was two raccoons. It was there I noticed my hipster brother in law from Boston with the cryo in his hand reverse grip. I started laughing and asked him if he was going to stab the raccoon in the head or something.

He took that knife on many a camping trip after and it served him well until he forgot it one day before getting on a flight and the TSA took it from him.
LOL! You guys had to make more noise than the raccoons! They probably looked at you and thought, "What? We're not doing anything wrong."

A good knife becomes a great knife if there is a good story to go with it. Thanks for sharing.

sabre cat, if nobody claims it in the next 24 hours as I originally posted, it's yours.
I trust you my friend to find it a good home wether it be a Scout, Scoutmaster, or someone just getting started :thumbsup:
If that's ok, let me know.
Well, it's now Monday morning. If the Cryo is still up for grabs, I can find a good home for it. As a matter of fact, I just spoke with a Scout that could use it yesterday. Have a message in with our Scoutmaster too.

Thanks for offering the Cryo GAW. Very kind of you to do this.

Our local Scoutmaster, Scott returned my call today. He is very excited about the Kershaw Cryo and we spoke at great length about boys that are ready for such a gift. Ending our call he stated that he would be very happy pass the knife on but had some concerns as to what to do if he really liked the knife himself!

Scott says thank you, BTW. I can't forget to tell you that.

Yeah, that's nice of SoCalEDC.

BF.com seems to be filled with nice people. Even if some only own two knives!

How are you doing GatorMedic? Ready for a third knife yet?

Actually a third knife is on its way to me right now. It’s time with me will be brief however. A coworker mentioned she really needs a knife again because she lost her old one so I’m gonna surprise her with an Ontario Rat 2.

Actually a third knife is on its way to me right now. It’s time with me will be brief however. A coworker mentioned she really needs a knife again because she lost her old one so I’m gonna surprise her with an Ontario Rat 2.
Good for you. There are lots of budget knives that look better than a RAT but, bottom line, the RAT 2 is a full featured knife that is hard to beat. I'd love to see the look on your coworker's face when you hand it to her.

See, I just knew you could not stick with two knives! :D You'll buy something else, sometime. Just wait and see.

Well, the Cryo made it to the Wine Country of Northern California and into the hands of our local Scoutmaster this morning.
Scott had a big grin on his face while he opened the box and a bigger grin when he saw the knife.

Thanks again, Dave.

-Lynn

So what are those 2 magical blades?

Back