Kershaw Random Task, spacer problem

Got the spacer from Don on Monday and am awaiting the parts to arrive from my friend in the US. Great guy from a great company. Thanks Ken and Don.

Ken, after reading this forum I went and checked my Random Task and found 2 of the screws on the non-clip slab that were loose and will not even pick up a thread to tighten it down with. By the way the a Sears-and-Scewbuck #6 torx is what fits my knif's screws
confused.gif
Should I contact Kershaw for returning directions??
Aloha brudda---Hey, do they still have a LUMS sandwich shop on the island?
Originally posted by KenOnion:
I'll contact Kershaw tomorrow and light a fire for you guys . Let me know what happens I know there going like hell and sometimes arnt as prompt as they should be but there a great group of guys and there intentions are genuine .

Gary those screws are T-5 torx and hard to find however Les Halpern has them in stock . His # is in all the knife mags .

Aloha!!!

------------------
Ron

Well, the Fedex van came on Wednesday and along came the parts:

1 pcs spacer
4 pcs white screws
4 pcs black screws
2 ss barrels

and

2 pcs clip
3 pcs white screws
3 pcs black screws

Did up the knife by changing the spacer. But first screwd in the screws throuhgt the barrels to loosen the threads. The screws went in easily one way but were misthreading the other way. Found splinters from barrel threads.
Then after tightening the screws, used sandpaper to sand the back of the knife to clean up. Now the knife is as good as new!
By the way use the blue loctite to lock the screws.

Great job and a heap of thanks to Ken, Don and Kershaw who came throught even with the great distance.

Now to save up for the Boa!!

Thanks again and what a great forum.

Back