Kershaw Shuffle

I will be picking one up. @ $15 bucks cant go wrong in my oppinion. Apsolute worst case, its a cool bottle opener!

Sometimes we don't say what we mean.

I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt and say that he bought it with the intention to carry it for a week.

This guy has been on the forums since 04! He's not BSing anyone. I've never heard of a senior member like that making a fake review for no reason.
JNieporte, thanks for the review mate. Maybe try polishing the washers a bit. That might help it smooth out. Sometimes with cheaper knives you just have to let them break in a bit.

JNieporte, thanks for the review mate. Maybe try polishing the washers a bit. That might help it smooth out. Sometimes with cheaper knives you just have to let them break in a bit.

Just posted my review of the Shuffle, and I'll say mine was a little stiff the first few days also, but with a drop of oil and a few days of being opened several times a day, it has gotten noticeably smoother.

This guy has been on the forums since 04! He's not BSing anyone. I've never heard of a senior member like that making a fake review for no reason.
I'm not saying he is, but just because he's been here longer than others doesn't mean anything.

I'm not saying he is, but just because he's been here longer than others doesn't mean anything.

It does if you have gotten to know him over the years. He is a straight-up guy. After reading and re-reading his review, I would venture a guess he was implying that he was going to try to carry it for a week. Like I said, he's a good guy and has been an asset here for a long time.

ymmv...

It does if you have gotten to know him over the years. He is a straight-up guy. After reading and re-reading his review, I would venture a guess he was implying that he was going to try to carry it for a week. Like I said, he's a good guy and has been an asset here for a long time.

ymmv...
Sorry to step on anyone's toes, but the stock photo confused me a bit.

You're not stepping on anyone's toes. Everything's good. :thumbup:

As for the stock photo, well, perhaps he's in the same boat as I am...can't find my dam camera and I'm too stubborn to buy another one when I know its here, somewhere...:D

You're not stepping on anyone's toes. Everything's good. :thumbup:

As for the stock photo, well, perhaps he's in the same boat as I am...can't find my dam camera and I'm too stubborn to buy another one when I know its here, somewhere...:D

Phone?

SPX doesn't likely have a phone with a camera in it. *whispers* He's one of them old timers....

:D

SPX doesn't likely have a phone with a camera in it. *whispers* He's one of them old timers....

It doesn't matter how many times he turns the dial around from 0 that rotary just won't take a pic!
Sorry Brad:D

They do indeed have them at Walmart. They have a nice new knife planogram.

What Wal-marts are you guys finding these at? I went hunting around last night and found bupkis. Of course, it probably doesn't help that I live in the booty hole of TX...

For you guys that have picked them up...has anyone noticed a blade stamped 3CR13 with packaging indicating 8Cr13MoV? I found that mine is like this. I apologize if this a known fact, I just found it odd.

What Wal-marts are you guys finding these at? I went hunting around last night and found bupkis. Of course, it probably doesn't help that I live in the booty hole of TX...

Yours may just be a little behind. I saw about 2 weeks ago one of our Wallyworlds had red clearance tags on a lot of the stuff in the knife case. That usually indicates a reset. Only one of our 3 walmarts has done the new knife reset that I have noticed. I was really surprised they had the cryo.... and for 34.95.

It doesn't matter how many times he turns the dial around from 0 that rotary just won't take a pic!
Sorry Brad:D

OK you kids, get off my lawn! And when the entire communications grid crashes, the 1940's steel rotary phone in my bunker will work just fine! (I hope)

(And yeah, my phone has a camera despite my protesting to the phone-selling girl. I've got a camera, who needs a camera on their phone? Why not something more useful, like a camera on your washing machine or your chain saw?)

Great little knife. Worth the money. Mine is a little gritty as well, but nothing a good cleaning and some oil can't fix.

IMG_20130726_182537_039_zpsc6c78160.jpg

The stock photo is there because my camera doesn't like to cooperate. I use a few different SD cards, and yet, I keep getting a "card needs to be formatted" message. It won't read the card, and if I tell it to format the card (despite uploading photos just fine from that card in the past) it erases everything on the card. My phone doesn't have a camera.

I tried to carry the Shuffle for a week. It didn't work. The bottle opener was just too in-the-way. So, my kid got it. Actual carry time was a little less than a day, as I use my knife a lot and this one was just that bad.

As for my credibility... I don't post fake reviews. I have, well, over a hundred (maybe over 200) reviews on here. None of them were made up. Some of the reviews have my own photos, some have stock photos, some have no photos. The phone number for the WalMart I bought my Shuffle from is 513-922-8881 if you'd like to call them and ask when they got the Shuffles in stock for the first time.

Last edited:
The stock photo is there because my camera doesn't like to cooperate. I use a few different SD cards, and yet, I keep getting a "card needs to be formatted" message. It won't read the card, and if I tell it to format the card (despite uploading photos just fine from that card in the past) it erases everything on the card. My phone doesn't have a camera.

I tried to carry the Shuffle for a week. It didn't work. The bottle opener was just too in-the-way. So, my kid got it. Actual carry time was a little less than a day, as I use my knife a lot and this one was just that bad.

As for my credibility... I don't post fake reviews. I have, well, over a hundred reviews on here. None of them were made up. The phone number for the WalMart I bought my Shuffle from is 513-922-8881 if you'd like to call them and ask when they got the Shuffles in stock for the first time.

I think people are just reading into things way too much, from the sounds of it they were just confused by the fact you said you got the knife "today" and than said you "tried" to edc it for a week but ended up giving it to your daughter. The "tried" part is where I think people are getting hung up on, combined with stock photo, it defaults to the annoyingly old "Pic or didn't happen" BS on the internet. From reading your review, there is no doubt in my mind your basing it on actual usage of the knife, it is too hard to make up details about a knife to that level for a review. A review like this can only be done with actual experience with a knife.

Back