Kershaw Shuffle

I got mine on Saturday. I wasn't having trouble with the bottle opener snagging, but the opening and closing was definitely gritty. Even if it can be fixed, it's disappointing HAVING to fix it, since every other budget Kershaw knife I own was super smooth out of the box. Other than this it was fine. The texturing was nice, the knife fit my hand well(though I have small hands, people with larger hands may be less happy), and yeah, like every other Kershaw I own was very sharp. What's up with the steel though, packaging said 8cr13MoV but the blade was sta,ped 3cr13...

I got mine on Saturday. I wasn't having trouble with the bottle opener snagging, but the opening and closing was definitely gritty. Even if it can be fixed, it's disappointing HAVING to fix it, since every other budget Kershaw knife I own was super smooth out of the box. Other than this it was fine. The texturing was nice, the knife fit my hand well(though I have small hands, people with larger hands may be less happy), and yeah, like every other Kershaw I own was very sharp. What's up with the steel though, packaging said 8cr13MoV but the blade was sta,ped 3cr13...

Yeah, the steel used for these is 3cr13. Jimmer mentioned in another thread that the new Funxion also had a blade of 3cr13. I'm thinking Kershaw is using this steel for their wally world exclusives. Maybe it's a step down? I don't know much about that steel. Either way, it doesn't bother me one bit. The Shuffle is a great little knife and I've enjoyed using it.

Yeah, the steel used for these is 3cr13. Jimmer mentioned in another thread that the new Funxion also had a blade of 3cr13. I'm thinking Kershaw is using this steel for their wally world exclusives. Maybe it's a step down? I don't know much about that steel. Either way, it doesn't bother me one bit. The Shuffle is a great little knife and I've enjoyed using it.

At $15 it wouldn't surprise me if you're right. And while the steel itself doesn't bother me, I am somewhat bothered by the packaging saying 1 thing and the actual product being something different. If they're gonna use the 3Cr13 that's fine, but the packaging should not say it's 8Cr13.

Back