Khukri sheath #2 W.I.P. *Picture Heavy!!* - Update 3 is live

Sorry, maybe I missed something. Is the tag along sheath just cemented on, or are there stitches as well?

I'm not sure what you mean by Tag. Everything is Glued and stitched. All 3 loops that hold the D-rings are glued and stitched, the piggyback sheath is glued and stitched, same with the lining for the snap and Chicago screw.

The only thing that's not glued and stitched is the Dangler loop. That's put together with Line-24 snaps so that you can get it on and off your belt easy.

If you still need help figuring something out, feel free to Post the picture in your post and ask away. :)

Last edited:
very cool man, definitely getting yourself some customers :D-- and great blades dirtbiker, they look good together

Amazing Heber, when (and I hope soon) I can snag a Thamar curve spine/dui chirra I'll definitely be using this as a guide when I make some pants for it. Amazing turnout, Dirt biker you're a lucky man.

Again, amazing.

Amazing Heber, when (and I hope soon) I can snag a Thamar curve spine/dui chirra I'll definitely be using this as a guide when I make some pants for it. Amazing turnout, Dirt biker you're a lucky man.

Again, amazing.

Thanks Dan. Feel free to email/PM me if you need help. I'd offer to build you a sheath, but shipping the knife both ways would be ouch!!

very cool man, definitely getting yourself some customers :D-- and great blades dirtbiker, they look good together

Thanks! I hope so. ;) Plus if my thread helps an aspiring leather worker, that's great too.

I'm thinking I might have to dye the micarta on the smaller knife. Never done it but I heard it's possible. Would go with a dark brown to match the wood on the kukri.

Definately a beautifully done sheath. I love the way it turned out, almost exactly as I imagined it from the original pictures...only even better Great job Heber nd a very enjoyable time watching too so thanks for sharing all around. Dirtbiker, Not sure how dying micarta will work, but if you try please let us all know the pros and cons, pits and pinnacles incase any of us consider it in the future.

Damn bro that is one awesome piece of leather you made. Thanks for all the photos, it showed the whole process much like a graphic novel. Pictures speak a thousand word and you just wrote a book my friend. I love it... I will be dreaming and scheming of an ox blood red and sheath with black accents. Now I just need to decide what knives to use...

I'm thinking I might have to dye the micarta on the smaller knife. Never done it but I heard it's possible. Would go with a dark brown to match the wood on the kukri.

Ive dyed g10 balck before with fabric dye and it worked fine. The solution had to be hot though. Doesnt work with cold solution.

Glad you all like the pictures. The sheath sure was tricky, but also a great learning experience. It's a heavy rig with all that steel and thick leather. Hope it serves you well with out causing issues.

Back