Terr
Snipehunta
raghorn
pendentive

and a few maybe's from:

wildmanh
D7reamers
KWM

please let me know if you want on/off this list.

Count me in as well. It's too nice a Khuk to pass up! :D:D:D

Re: ready to roll......
I've avoided looking at this thread because I knew what would happen. I looked, and it did. I respectfully request that you add my name to the list of people who absolutely see no opportunity to continue living without one of these!
In seriousness, I applaud all your efforts, from the concept, to the designing, to the excellently carved pre-production model. On the small side for a khukri, sure. But a low impact backpacker doesn't need a 20" AK to saw off a hunk of summer sausage, or whittle an emergency tent peg. But beware, I can easily forsee these boogers being commandeered by wives/girlfriends.
Anyhow, too late now, I'm hooked like a large mouth bass that just swallowed a topwater plug full of treble hooks. Count me in!

Sarge

Originally posted by ddean
:D . . . So, what will this toenail chopper be called?

"Where the edge meets the fuzz stick?";)
"Where the recurve meets the tent peg?"
"Where the belly meets the bacon?":D

Hmmmmm, a little khukri ought to have a big name by way of compensation. How about, the Perfectly Perplexing "PEN"ulitimate Pocket Potato Peeler = P6? Just kidding, too many years of silly military acronyms. Brain's fried and smells vaguely like bacon.......

Sarge

You guys crack me up...:D

y'all are a bunch of wise-crackin-stunt-pullin-name-callin-finger-pointin-knee-slappin....wait a minute, that sounds just like me! :D:D

**takers list updated**

mPisi
SkagSig40
Eich1911
Terr
Snipehunta
raghorn
pendentive
Hibuke
Sylvrfalcn

The "Pen-Knife", I love it, it sings, DDean you're a genius! I can see it now "Honest officer, it's only a penknife". Too late now Pen, you can name it the "New & Improved Cobra Decapitator", etc., but I know what I'm going to call mine if I get my hands on one;) :) :D

Sarge

Wood model has been sent via African Swallow Express.

(should show up sometime between today and...October) :D

Still considerably faster than beating together two halves of coconut!

Savin' up my PENnies, uh huh, uh huh, gonna' buy a PEN Knife, yup, yup, yup...............................

Sarge

Yee Haw, one month of hostile fire pay = Pen Knife + Twelve Pack of Beer + Box of Band Aids, what a deal!!!
100 bucks is more than reasonable for a one of a kind hand made item. I know it's up to the kamis now, but if they say it's a go will you need a deposit to reserve one? I've never had a first production run anything, much less something that I got to sort of watch being designed. This is exciting stuff!

Sarge

Originally posted by Bill Martino
Pen Knife model will fly to Nepal tomorrow via express mail. Cost should be $100.

Sweeeeeeet! :D:D:D

Hey Uncle,

What would a Chiruwa version cost? US$125?

Wow I missed parts of this!!!
First off outstanding wood replication!!!!!!
Second off great name.
Third what happend to the wood carving in the handle? Is that still a go?

Man cant wait to see what the kamis do with it.
Kyle

HI THIS REMINDS ME OF AN ACCOUNT I SAW OF THE FIRST VIKINGS TO ARRIVE IN AMERICA, ONE OF THE VIKINGS WAS PROUDLY SHOWING OF HIS SKILLS WITH HIS LARGE BATTLE AXE AND LAUGHING AT THE WAY THE NATIVES WERE ARMED WITH SMALL TOMAHAWKS . THE CONFIDENT SMILE WAS WIPED FROM HIS LIPS WHEN A FIGHT ENSUED WITH ANOTHER VIKING AND A NATIVE AND BEFORE THE VIKING COULD WHIRL HIS LARGE AXE TO SUITABLE STRIKING SPEED, THE NATIVE INDIAN HAD PROMPTLY STRUCK HIM 3 TIMES IN THE HEAD WITH HIS MUCH SMALLER WEAPON. .HERE ENDS THE LESSON. BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER. {CHUCKLES GHORKA}

Back