1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Kitchen Tool. SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by G L Drew, Feb 19, 2021.

1. G L Drew

G L Drew KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 3, 2005
    I really don't know what to call this knife, it's too big for paring name, too small to be called a chef and it doesn't have a Japanese name. Just a good kitchen tool, I guess.

This was built using stock removal from 1095 high carbon steel. I heat treated this in digitally controlled atmosphere to a hardness of 58-60 Rc. My process involves 5 cycles in my Evenheat furnace which assures a fine grain structure throughout the blade. This knife is very sharp, will hold a good edge and is quickly sharpened with a few swipes on a steel.
    Flat grind
    Distal tapered tang
    Rosewood handle with black carbon fiber spacers
    Overall length: 10 inches
    Blade: 5 1/2 inches

SOLD which includes shipping within the US and PayPal fees. My PayPal and email address is [email protected]

[​IMG]IMG_6503 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr[​IMG]IMG_6504 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr[​IMG]IMG_6505 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr[​IMG]IMG_6508 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_6506 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
    Please excuse the dirty hands; I took these photos on my way in from the shop just now. I also see a little buffing compound on the blades near the handle, the knife and I will get cleaned up in a few minutes. :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    cbach8tw, Hurrul and hughd like this.
  2. Wild Bill 1

Wild Bill 1 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Very nice!

3. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Very cool, like a cross between a boning knife and a chef knife.i also like the pic showing you have been working on it.