Kizer Aesthetics, a Breath of Fresh Air

Maybe they will be available from Kizer directly in the future as they asked me what I did to achieve the result you see in the photo... time will tell.
Buying from me and shipping to the US would add up to about $160.

That's not bad, all thing's considered. And why Kizer asked you how you achieved the result in your photo is even more mysterious to me. As a Kizer dealer, I don't need to tell you how many models they make in both anodized and non-anodized versions. I don't understand why they didn't follow that pattern with the Mistral. So rather than being less confused, I'm even more confused now.

In the final analysis, however, it really doesn't matter. What matters is that you have an exclusive on the non-anodized Mistral because you actually created it. Unless and until Kizer decides to release a non-anodized version of the Mistral themselves or somebody else comes along and does what you've done, you've got a world exclusive! And that's a beautiful thing for you. :thumbup: :D

Last edited:
Well, actually it was a guy from the sales and marketing department who asked. Not one of their technicians .... they definitely will know how to execute this effect (;-)) But since many models only come in a very colorful version (not very popular in Europe) I do modifications on many models. Here's another example of a model that I think benefits a lot from a little face lift; The Gemeter (Ki4421);
Before and After;
154496065.jpg

171403585.jpg

171403587.jpg

Well, actually it was a guy from the sales and marketing department who asked. Not one of their technicians .... they definitely will know how to execute this effect (;-)) But since many models only come in a very colorful version (not very popular in Europe) I do modifications on many models.
The colorful versions aren't very popular in my knife drawer either. So I like what you're doing to them . . . A LOT!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Mistral Question:

Can any of you Kizer fans think of someone to "dress" the Mistral with wooden scales?

Yes - I agree. I only just purchased a Kizer, but their designs, particularly the recent designer variety, is wide-ranging and creative, while still being functional looking knives. I was looking for a 3" safe-for-work, non-tac folder and just picked up the walkabout specifically because I liked the canine motif :)

How do you like the Walkabout now that you've had it for awhile? Is it a Spydie-flickable knife?

There are a few early Kizers that I think are absolute gems, and the Walkabout looks like one of them.

The Walkabout was one of the earliest models and has been discontinued at least two years ago...

Back