KMG has a new grinder!

I just saw KMG posted a new grinder. The KMG-TX. Direct drive, another tooling arm slot, horizontal flip, pretty much what we’ve been wanting. Are they back in the game again?!?

IIRC, Rob is also offering a "complete package" with every accessory. Pricy, IIRC.

Curious to see how it performs since the last few years of production from them was pretty shoddy. Hopefully this is them turning a new leaf, with a new product. Can't help but feel that this thing is pretty close to a TW90 clone though.

It is pretty sweet ... I feel like all knife maker grinders are going the direction of the tw90 design because it's just that good. I like the convenience but it wouldn't work for me, I converted mine to a coolant system with a trough underneath so my Wilmont TAG works perfect.

KMG now has the new grinder on the website: https://beaumontmetalworks.com/product/kmg-tx/

Limited time offer of $2800 for a (looks like NEMA 4X KBAC) VFD 2 hp grinder with 6" & 10" contact wheels and flat platen. I suspect that's with a single tool arm

6" DRIVE wheel and 10" contact.

Looks like a really nice machine, and I assume that $2800 includes free shipping within the US? If this thing is gonna be a "TW-90 killer", I think he needs some sort of a tool rest option and needs to include a small wheel attachment. Given the intro price, you can still get those things and still be saving several hundred from the price of a TW-90 I suppose. Curious as to why he designed a double tool slot grinder but didn't design a tool arm to go into it? Maybe he's counting on people who already own MAP arms and DD workrests and such to be buying the machine.

At any rate, I'd love to see some action vids. Anybody live near Beaumont Metal Works want to go film a demo? ;)

Why would you assume free shipping ?

It'd bet against that. and allocate hundreds for shipping.

i do not think "it will kill" (no pun intended) the tw90. i am going to assume they will have the same build quality and tolerances as the old kmg. i own both a kmg pulley drive and the tw-90. i was lucky and got a good kmg, but i have heard of others not being so lucky. those that were not so lucky found the customer service lacking and regretted the purchase. so i am hesitant to recommend them. the kmg overall seems clunky compared to the tw-90. everything works good on mine but it does not seem like the finely crafted machine the tw-90 is. i would guess about 200 for shipping ?

It would be a shame if someone took a chance on buying it and they ran into the same attitude that others had experienced before.

Not a risk I'd take.

I can't even get the guy to return an email. I had two KMG'S, a tw-90, and an ameribrade. I currently have a Pheer 454. Except for not running horizontal (yet). It is by far my favorite grinder. By a mile!! Along with being very inexpensive

If you go to the homepage, he has a huge flashing banner that says free shipping on all CONUS orders. No disclaimers that I can see, other than if you live outside of CONUS.

Their new grinder package looks like a good design. I bought a KMG grinder 10 years ago with no problems and bought many attachments since. It looks like Beaumont is trying to offer a grinder that corrects the deficiencies of their old grinder. Maybe they are going to work on customer service also. I hope someone gives them a chance and shares their experience on the forum. Larry

Beaumont offers free shipping on All orders in US. I need a few tooling arm trees but I can't even get him to reply to an email.

Beaumont offers free shipping on All orders in US. I need a few tooling arm trees but I can't even get him to reply to an email.

Have you tried calling them?

I’ve had emails and messages on Instagram replied to very quickly recently.
And this grinder has me thinking things over again.

I've just ordered one. Ill post more after I have it set up. I sent a Facebook message at 10AM with a quick question and had a reply by noon.

Why does free continental US shipping raise red flags?

Back