• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Knife buy from earl blackmore, a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rebuild outback bowie modified transform look A like...Dundee Bowie design i came up with. A
A maker rebuild it me missing braiding and Deeper fyller bloodgrooves

Reactions: TAH
While you probably won’t get anything out of this guy after all this time, you could still get the knife that you want. Communicate with some of the knife makers here on the forums, and perhaps one of them can replicate the ideal Dundee knife for you.

Checka out my bowie links to youtube.

Looks great! Your modifications have really enhanced the original Down Under Outback Bowie. Upgrade the handle a little more and find a custom sheathmaker to reproduce a Hornback crocodile sheath and you'll have a knife and sheath to be very proud of. :thumbsup:

Hakan,

So disappointed to read this. I did a people search, and came up with a change of address and a phone number in New Jersey with prior links to his Phoenix Arizona addresses. You may want to test this?

https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/name/earl-blackmore_phoenix-az

Anyone live in or near West Orange, NJ?

My rebuild outback bowie modified transform look A like...Dundee Bowie design i came up with. A
A maker rebuild it me missing braiding and Deeper fyller bloodgrooves

Hakan,

So disappointed to read this. I did a people search, and came up with a change of address and a phone number in New Jersey with prior links to his Phoenix Arizona addresses. You may want to test this?

https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/name/earl-blackmore_phoenix-az

Anyone live in or near West Orange, NJ?
Hi there test it?

Looks great! Your modifications have really enhanced the original Down Under Outback Bowie. Upgrade the handle a little more and find a custom sheathmaker to reproduce a Hornback crocodile sheath and you'll have a knife and sheath to be very proud of. :thumbsup:
You meant the braiding on handle i should work more on?

You meant the braiding on handle i should work more on?

Yes, I remember Earl used kangaroo lace, which is readily available online. You can probably find different braiding ideas on You Tube. Not sure if Dundee's Bowie used kangaroo lace, but I always thought it was a good idea.

....given it was a cheap'ish movie prop I honestly doubt it.

Not sure I would call it "cheap'ish". There were steel and aluminum versions used depending on the scene. The steel version was a full working knife. Paul Hogan owns it. Years ago, I exchanged emails with the original sheathmaker. Her name was Chantal. Here is the website that initiated our communication, but it is not active anymore. It does mention woven kangaroo leather on handle and crocodile tail on sheath.

http://www.pccord.com/crocodile_dundee.htm

Earl E. Blackmore

Most - like 80-90% - of small businesses (and this was a one-man operation) close in less than two years. One in twenty lasts as long as five years. The final bills are usually not paid - at least without a lawsuit (if there is anything to collect - usually not as they are broke) and final contracts are usually not fulfilled. That's reality.

I find no evidence he has made anything in years. He seems to have left his old stomping grounds in Arizona and moved to New Jersey. He appeared on Forged In Fire once in 2016 and finished 4th. That does not seem to have resulted in lots of new business.

Breach of contract is almost never a criminal act, and a civil court judgment is only as good as the assets a deadbeat has from which to collect - typically none. No imprisonment for debt in the U.S. since we threw out the British laws some years ago.

Your money is gone.

Last edited:
Earl E. Blackmore

Most - like 80-90% - of small businesses (and this was a one-man operation) close in less than two years. One in twenty lasts as long as five years. The final bills are usually not paid - at least without a lawsuit (if there is anything to collect - usually not as they are broke) and final contracts are usually not fulfilled. That's reality.

I find no evidence he has made anything in years. He seems to have left his old stomping grounds in Arizona and moved to New Jersey. He appeared on Forged In Fire once in 2016 and finished 4th. That does not seem to have resulted in lots of new business.

Breach of contract is almost never a criminal act, and a civil court judgment is only as good as the assets a deadbeat has from which to collect - typically none. No imprisonment for debt in the U.S. since we threw out the British laws some years ago.

Your money is gone.
Yes sad but true.

Sorry for your disappointment and your loss Hakan. He most likely, he does not have the means to give your money back; and does not make knives anymore, and no tools to make them with.
Those probably got sold in AZ. :(

While you probably won’t get anything out of this guy after all this time, you could still get the knife that you want. Communicate with some of the knife makers here on the forums, and perhaps one of them can replicate the ideal Dundee knife for you.

Yes, worth a try.

But for Gawd's sake, DON'T PAY UP FRONT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back