Knife companies that need new logos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start with: Artisan Cutlery's "is that a swastika?"

Artisan-Zumwalt-FL-Textured-CF-G-10-Satin-ATZ1808PCF-BHQ-87223-jr-large.jpg
Looks like PP to me, either way it looks stupid to me.
It looks futuristic which I'm not a fan of, it seems like it belongs on a lightsaber and I'm not big on the futuristic look.

Idk, I always thought Emerson had the worst skull logo.

Idk I kinda like the Emerson skull. He looks kind of tough and also mentally handicapped.

It is a secondary logo anyway. I have seen it on some customs but generally it is not on production Emersons unless you buy an add on clip or something.

I know it seems silly too but being Jewish I prefer logos that don’t have a cross in them.

It is a stylized swastika. If you remove the line that connects the rightmost vertical arm and the topmost horizontal line and move it to the middle of the shape, voilà swastika.

If you start removing lines and moving them, then sure, you could could make the case that it’s a swastika. However, removing some existing parts of a logo, and moving other parts of a logo changes the logo itself. So it’s not the original.

By using your logic, the BMW logo looks like a swastika. Just remove the blue and white color, make the perimieter a square rather than a circle, and remove some of the lines. And you now have a swastika.

You’re looking for something that’s not there.

Last edited:
If you start removing lines and moving them, then sure, you could could make the case that it’s a swastika. However, removing some existing parts of a logo, and moving other parts of a logo changes the logo itself. So it’s not the original.

By using your logic, the BMW logo looks like a swastika. Just remove the blue and white color, make the perimieternandwuare rather than a circle, and remove some of the lines. And you now have a swastika.

You’re looking for something that’s not there.

No it’s different. The bmw logo is not a swastika, it is circular for one. I was only saying you should move that line to help one visualize.

The shape of the artisan cutlery logo is a stylized swastika which are extremely common in ancient China to modern China where artisan cutlery comes from. To this day it is still considered an important symbol in general.

Imho the Artisan knives logo is a stylized swastika. Just my opinion.

No it’s different. The bmw logo is not a swastika, it is circular for one. I was only saying you should move that line to help one visualize.

The shape of the artisan cutlery logo is a stylized swastika which are extremely common in ancient China to modern China where artisan cutlery comes from. To this day it is still considered an important symbol in general.

The pictured pivot looks like a stylized swastika too.

The pictured pivot looks like a stylized swastika too.

No, they couldn’t be designing based on the swastika theme! I just don’t see it.

In all seriousness though I understand the swastikas significance in a wider market and I’m not one of those jews that gets upset by its non Nazi use. (In otherwords the symbol has no magical power over me) That still doesn’t mean I would carry a knife with one, lets say it is not my favourite symbol. Sorry China and India and others who use the symbol, Nazis kind of ruined that one for you.

So if the German police pull you over with an Artisan Cutlery do you not only get charged for the illegal knife but also the charge for having the swastika, which is outlawed in Germany?

It’s not a huge deal to me anyway. The company has designs that are bordering on stolen anyway.

Artisan Cutlery Waistline
atz1805gbum.jpeg

Crkt crossbones
CRKT-crossbones-7530-BHQ-51835-er-large.jpg

Does not look like a swastika.
Looks more like the number 2

I guess one sees what one wishes to see...

Whatever the case enough people see it that it has been mentioned by several in this thread.

The whole point of this thread is companies that could consider changing their logos. If enough peole are looking at your logo and saying, “that looks like a stylized swastika. I don’t really want to carry a knife with that on it.” Then maybe they should consider changing their logo.

Whatever the case enough people see it that it has been mentioned by several in this thread.

The whole point of this thread is companies that could consider changing their logos. If enough peole are looking at your logo and saying, “that looks like a stylized swastika. I don’t really want to carry a knife with that on it.” Then maybe they should consider changing their logo.

Exactly. It's not a swastika. I think it's probably safe to assume it's not meant to look like one.

But it does remind me of a swastika all the same, and that's high on the list of things you might want to avoid having your logo resemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back