1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Knife Displays

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by nwmetalbug, Jul 28, 2012.

1. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    How do you guys display your knives when you do ?
    [​IMG]

2. CLICKBANGBANG

CLICKBANGBANG

Oct 12, 2010
    I need some sort of role up soft case. Most all my Kershaws roll with me in the truck. If I'm going to show a buddy a knife, it will be on a job. I really don't display my knives.

3. solidorange

solidorange Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    sorry about the glare. it is impossible to get rid of with those plastic doors!

[​IMG]

4. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    LOL I need to get a Kershaw case the Gerber case was to good of deal to pass up

5. solidorange

Aug 30, 2011
    i think i paid $35 for the kershaw case, but i got the ZT case for $0.01 + shipping! :D

6. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    How did you manage a ZT case for that ?

7. solidorange

Aug 30, 2011
    got it from that auction site. i was the only bidder. :cool:

8. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    nice score !

9. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    only thing is when you look for knife cases on that auction site..all those stupid case knives show up haha

10. oregonknifenerd

oregonknifenerd

Dec 5, 2011
    nwmetalbug contact me. I have some ideas on fixing up your case to make it a proper Kershaw case. If you can get me measurements I'll mail you the stuff for free when I'm done. Those Gerber logos are just wrong!

11. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    Thanks for the offer but after looking at it I can just unbolt the top and remove it and the case will fit in a shelf . Still like the ZT case Solidorange has going to keep an eye out for one like that.

12. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    Sales case i modified with aluminum diamond plate racks I cut out with CNC Plasma at work. It hangs on the wall
    [​IMG]

13. turk.919

turk.919

Oct 21, 2008
    ^ nice.

Mine: Old pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    Turk are magnets holding up the top row ?

15. solidorange

Aug 30, 2011
    looks like it. my ZT one came with magnets as well, although i do not know why since ZT handles are all Ti or G10 which are both non-magnetic. i have tried to use them on the blades, but most of them are so heavy that they require multiples, if they hold at all.

16. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    was wondering if long term it wouldnt slightly magnetize them

17. turk.919

turk.919

Oct 21, 2008
    It has had no effect on mine?

18. solidorange

Aug 30, 2011
    my zing blade magnetizes itself all the time... and it has never been anywhere near a magnet. a quick spine whack will demagnetize it, but i still haven't figured out how or why it happens in the first place. :confused:

19. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    wow solid thats strange

20. solidorange

Aug 30, 2011
    crazy, i know! here's a pic i just took for proof:

[​IMG]

i'd apologize for being off topic, but it is your thread. :p