Knife in "I Am Legend"

Saw the movie last night, there is a scene with a knife, maybe ~4 inches closed, black handle, black blade, definitely assisted, maybe auto.

Obviously since I just got a quick glimpse in the theatre, I don't have any screenshots to post. But I'm sure as days go on, more people that have seen the movie will trickle in.

For now I'm going to guess CRKT Hissatsu Folder.

Looked like a Benchmade auto Stryker to my eye :) Would fit the military issue gear list too.

I thought it was good but not great. There were a lot of empty scenes where I thought more interesting things could have happened. I'm not just a moron who can't pay attention unless something is blowing up or anything - I just thought there was about 15 solid minutes of movie that could have been filled with other things or cut out all together.

What about the knife in "The Kingdom" movie? There's a scene where Jennifer Garner stabs a terrorist with a folding knife, does anybody knows which knife was that? (I think it was a Benchmade 710).

I haven't seen the movie, but I found this screen shot. Looks like Cold Steel Nightshades to me.

nightshadewacko-429x648.jpg

I thought it definitely looked like a Benchmade auto Stryker, possibly with a plain edge.

I thought the movie was okay. But all the diseased berserkers were computer-generated and moved like Spiderman made of rubber, which IMO was dumb. For a far more effective and believable movie with a similar story, see 28 Days Later.
Jim

In a lot of ways, CGI has made a lot of VERY cool movies possible, but I also feel that it has RUINED so many.

When I was watching "I am Legend" I couldn't help but think how much cooler some of the scenes would have been with real animals. Especially the scene with the lions.

I recently re-watched "The Edge" after reading about it here, and I can guarantee you 100% that if that movie was made today, it would have been a CGI bear and the movie would not been anywhere NEAR as good.

Was the film very faithful to matheson's original novel ?

Not even close. I would almost say the movie was inspired by the novel, as opposed to being based on it. They borrowed the main character, and the setting, and some major plot points, but overall the story was very different.

Not necessarily bad, though. I enjoyed the book, and I also enjoyed the movie. They're different enough that they're difficult to compare directly. Without getting into the final product, but just the story, I really liked how they played out the story in the movie.

The knife was a Benchmade 9100sbt or a 9500sbt (large or small auto Stryker) I just couldn't tell which one for sure.

Back