Knife in "I Am Legend"

Was the film very faithful to matheson's original novel ?

I would say the movie is losely based on the book. The character in the novel was just a regular guy, and the dog and the womens parts were completely different. Also setting was changed (suburbs book, city movie) although that change helped the movie IMHO. The book is a good short read only about a hundred and fifty pages. Hard to believe it was written in the fifties.

Entertaining movie, but it isn't faithful to Matheson's book. Does anone remember The Omega Man?

I haven't seen the movie, but I found this screen shot. Looks like Cold Steel Nightshades to me.

nightshadewacko-429x648.jpg

good god... I'm just going to quietly leave through the back door.

Just saw the movie and thought it kicked ass. Though some of my units helicopters are in it, so I'm just a tad bit biased. I'd say the knife is almost definitely an auto-stryker.

Since the blade snapped off in his leg, I don't think I will recommend a folder brand that self-destructs to anyone. Even my Edge would not have snapped like that (don't even think my Leek would have). I have a problem with that scene anyway. The "mindless" infected (zombie?) has enough IQ to move the mannequin, enough IQ to rig a rope snare just like the Colonel's, enough IQ to bring 3 infected (but still manageable by him) attack dogs to handle the Colonel's dog, but not enough IQ to simply shoot the Colonel from the doorway, or blast him from one of the abandoned Bradley's sitting on every corner? Not even enough IQ to use fire as a weapon against the house, but enough to rig a rope snare with a taxi as a counterweight?

Haven't seen the movie,this question was asked on various forums and most everyone seemed to agree it was a Benchmade 9100 SBT.
I don't know,did it look like the one in this attachment?

Doug

superc said:

Since the blade snapped off in his leg, I don't think I will recommend a folder brand that self-destructs to anyone. Even my Edge would not have snapped like that (don't even think my Leek would have)

You're kidding right?

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but it looked like a large auto Stryker. It looked like it had the aluminum handle scales, as opposed to the new style G-10 scales on the Nitrous Stryker.

Let me get some HD snapshots.

Edit: Alright, here are some snapshots of the knife being talked about:

vlcsnap-5440280946.png

vlcsnap-5441316380.png

vlcsnap-5441580593.png

But, a new question arises: What about THIS knife within the same movie:

vlcsnap-91040241.png

The whole "I am Legend" means something totally different (and not as warm/fuzzy) as in the movie; plus the people are actually vampires, not zombies, among other things; but the movie was great.

Interesting, it looks like the whole blade just came out of the handle, rather than snap off.

That other knife is an Emerson fixed blade. You can see the logo on the blade if you look close enough. I don't know what the name of it is though.

Interesting, it looks like the whole blade just came out of the handle, rather than snap off.

That other knife is an Emerson fixed blade. You can see the logo on the blade if you look close enough. I don't know what the name of it is though.

Indeed. In the movie it pretty much looks like the handle breaks apart, flinging the blade into his leg, or it might be stuck in before the break. Who knows.

Back