Knife Knuts of Ohio Unite!!!

Sounds great but i don't get off until friday night 7:00 pm.But i guess i could trade with someone if everyone else wants to leave thursday or friday.Let's try and make this happen,the cheaper the better,that will mean more knives to buy.HE HE HE
My wife will just love that one.

Just to reiterate, I said I would ideally like to leave Thursday night, but I understand perfectly if this won't work for everyone else. Even if all but one of us can leave Thursday, I still say we wait so that one person can go too. I don't want anyone feeling left out of this just because they missed the boat by a matter of hours or even one day.

I think one thing we need to start doing, preferably here in the thread so everyone can see it, is get a running tally of who lives in what part of the state so we can start deciding where the best rendezvous point will be. Majority rules in this case. Once we've got that established, the people in that area can start checking rates on renting a vehicle and the rest of us can start making arrangements to get ourselves to that staging area
wink.gif

I'm in Lorain, about 25 miles due west of Cleveland.

Regards--Shades

------------------
The deed is everything, the glory nothing.

Well, Your going to have to take 75 South right past me here in Cincinnati....I'll be standing by the side of the road, I'll wear a Blue cap...Whaaaahahahahaha!
smile.gif

But anyway...I live here in Cincy, but I work In Florence,KY right off the exit for Turfway race track, anyone interested can leave their car at my place of work, and it could be a easy place for all to meet???

~Keith~

Sounds good Keith, we'll slow down to about 50mph and drag a rope, hope you've got good reflexes
wink.gif

Okay, we've got the two most obvious ones accounted for, anyone else interested in this scheme? C'mon, if you're a member of this forum I know you wanna go. And if you wanna go, you want to spend as little money as possible GETTING to the show so you'll have more to SPEND at the show
wink.gif
Just remember, the more people we can get involved in this, the lower the individual cost is going to be. One way or another I'm going, even if it's only me and Keith pooling our resources. So speak up already. I know you're out there
wink.gif

How about you Ken? Haven't heard from you here recently.

Ti? Don't worry, we're all just as nutty as Mark, you'll feel right at home.

Tattoo, if you absolutely have to wait until Friday, it shouldn't be a big problem.

How 'bout ya Big Z?

And George? No matter where all of us meet up, somebody's going to pass through Columbus.

One other thing Keith, how's about getting your buddy to post in here if he's in Ohio?

Also, I just want to thank Mike and Spark as well as everyone else who was responsible again for giving us a home on the web
wink.gif

Once again, you guys are more than welcome to email me with any concerns or questions you might have about the impending pilgrimage to Atlanta that you don't want to post here.

Regards--Shades

------------------

I'd love to go,but as of 1/7/99 I have a new daughter (our first child) and I'm in charge of all daytime baby sitting.I wouldn't mind doing something in the near future though.Ken

Well Ken, congratulations are most definitely in order then. And that's about as legitimate a reason as I've ever heard for not being able to go
wink.gif

And Darrel, I'm sorry to say it, but I'd somehow completely overlooked the fact that you were in Ohio LOL, and this after having met you in Dover last year. I'd imagine you'll be transporting yourself and all your pretty, shiny, sharp things to Atlanta, but depending upon when you're departing, maybe we could caravan to the show. If nothing else, you're more than welcome to participate in anything our nutty little group ends up doing while in Atlanta
wink.gif

I'll be checking in again later tonight, so anything you guys post today should have a reply by tomorrow morning.

Regards--Shades

------------------

Bad news fellas,on friday had a meeting with our CEO and was informed we have lost a 22 million dollar contract with ford and approximately 100 people will be laid off in the next couple of months.At this yime i don't know how this will effect me but the blade show has a good chance of being FUBAR for me,but please keep me updated and i will keep you informed if something changes.

I was horrified to learn that we've lost one of our own recently. Although I did not know Ti on a personal level and never had the opportunity to speak with him, I feel, as I'm sure all of you do, a certain connection. As knife-lovers, we all share a common thread, not only in a common interest, but also in common personality traits, such as being more than willing to help another of ours in any way we can. In the years since I first developed my passion for knives, I can honestly say that I've met some of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure to know, and whenever I hear about the loss of anyone involved in our community, whether they are someone whose name is familiar to all, such as the late Bob Engnath, or someone known to only a few of us, such as Ti, it's nearly as painful as the loss of a loved one.

I felt it most appropriate to post this here since Ti was not only a knife-lover, but also an Ohioan. I'm sure that at least in spirit, he will be with us in Atlanta.

Heartfelt Regards--Shades

------------------

Thanks Shades, I feel comfort knowing others do care. Steele never got to post in this thread because he passed away in Dec. of 98 just before Xmas. I was real good friends with him since I had known him from work for almost 20 years. He and I worked side by side and the last 3 years he was my boss here at work. That still hurts very much that he is gone. He lived in Cleveland Hts. and had just re-married a little over a year before he passed on. I guess seeing another co-worker ( Ti ) who was also a good friend of mine pass away, too, makes this even tougher to deal with. But hey, life goes on and in the end we should all be in peace is how I feel. Both of these guys enjoyed knives tremendously and actually these were the only two guys that I really knew and associated with that enjoyed knives as much as I do and these forums. Kind of feel a little lost now that I don't have any real knife nuts to knife chat with here at work. Oh well, got to look for the light and hold on to it! My family as well as you all are a big help in getting me through this.

Thanks again,

Mark

------------------

Any of you guys ever heard of a knifemaker named James Cottrill out of Columbus? I have some of his kitchen knives that I got at the Best of Show here in Indy. It is nice stuff.

Thanks,

Clay

------------------
Clay Fleischer
cdfleischer@yahoo.com

"10,000 Lemmings Can't Be Wrong!"

Sorry to hear of the loss of a fellow knife collector and Ohioan.My sympathy goes out to all his family and friends .Ken

Think there are some more Ohioian Knife Nuts out there! The where do you live thread has a couple more on it ..

Mark

More importantly, are there any knife nuts in Columbus who know where to find a good knife store? The best Tom and I have found (unless he is holding out on me) is Vance's over on Cleveland Ave.

Any other leads?

Mike

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Refund! You lose! :)

I just saw this, I'm in Powell. I haven't found any good khife stores locally. Vances is about the best in this area. The only problem is getting getting the owners to believe that customers will spend a lot of money on knives. If either of you know big Mike at Vances, he is working on getting a better selection.

The other option is J&S Knives in Crcleville. However, Joe passed away recently. I believe Mark, his son, is keeping the business going.
Joe had the best prices anywhere. I couldn't find anyone who could beat him, that included the net. I don't know if Mark will keep the same kind of pricing.

FYI - There was a post about Joe's passing. If any of you other Ohio knifeknuts knew him, check it out.

I am going to the Blade show. The girlfriend is going with me, so I will be doing the show solo.

Hi all,
I was going to post to say that I am a new resident of Ohio (Cincy) and plan on going to the blade show, but now I am totally down. Joe Streitenberger was one of my favorite dealers, always a gentleman and very professional. His prices were always great and if you bought more than one thing he was willing to take a couple more dollars off. I saw him at the Cincy Fall show in Loveland and he seemed fine. He will be missed at the local shows. I always counted on seeing him at the Cincy, Louisville, and Lexington NKCA shows. My heartfelt condolances go out to his family.

If anyone in the Cincy area would like to talk about knives or go to shows please e-mail me.

Paul

Back