1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Knife Noobie needs a bit of help. Full-tang?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Drame22, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Drame22

Drame22

Mar 15, 2013
    HA!

"Morning Officer. Don't mind this claymore on me back."

Well thanks guys. You've given me more information than I can process almost. I will definitely take it into consideration, and you've successfully steered (yet another I suspect) noobie away from a ridiculous knife. Congratulations!

Cheers all,
    Drame22

2. Drame22

Drame22

Mar 15, 2013
  3. Goosey

Goosey

Mar 19, 2012
    I would say definitely not... the "deadliest fighting knife" is probably a steak knife, plus I can think of many more fearsome knives than an M9 bayonet :rolleyes: I mean there are massive bowies and dozens of types of medieval and Oriental daggers approaching the size of swords and they say a 7-inch Gerber is the "deadliest"?

4. VolundoftheForge

VolundoftheForge

Jan 3, 2012
    If you can save up about $180, I think this knife would fit what you're wanting: sykco911.jpg

5. sideways

sideways

Feb 19, 2013
    If you look at the history of fighting you'll see that back when people fought each other with edged weapons they chose the longest piece of steel they could wield with speed and accuracy. Sometimes weapons were improvised from whatever was available, axes, pitchforks etc or they were purpose made. Some designs favored piercing over thrusting, or vice versa but neither style ever was superior as far as I know. The constant was that fighting knives were big. Those puny 9 + inch daggers were weapons of opportunity or backup weapons.

Probably the "deadliest knife" in the history of man is the one mounted on a long stick. The Spear. Or maybe it is the knife mounted on a winged shaft. The arrow.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013