Knife or Death

Congrats Jonny!! Watched the show for first time last night and I look forward to see you on the show.

Thanks!

Congrats Mate !!!

To quote my favourite movie (from 1987)...

"We do this right, we get famous. Do shaving ads and shit. Girls, money...." :D :D :D

Thank you my favorite Aussie in the whole wide world!

Congrats Jonny!! Watched the show for first time last night and I look forward to see you on the show.

Ha - same here. Fun to see NinJo giving the guys a run for their money, as well as a blade and sheath that are both famous in their own right.

So Jonny....kick some butt man! I noticed some people were getting winded and some grips were giving out. That stuff is pretty much in your control in terms of training. Just some encouragement here to check the boxes you know you can control, and hope they don't throw any ridiculous curve balls at you that you can't control. :cool:

I assume by your profile picture we will be looking for Johnny Lee? Or will you be the only Johnny of the season. I imagine there will be a bunch of Behemoth Choppers so that won't help either. I guess you could just give me a shout out before you start.

Congratulations!!! Stoked to see another CPK going in.

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist & 91bravo 91bravo ...

A few questions I've wondered about, sorry if they've been answered already...I've read a lot of the pages, but not all 21 of em :oops: ... but if they have already been addressed don't worry with re-answering them here, just direct me to the post or page #'s if that's easier:

1. Are there any size/weight restrictions on the blade you bring to the show?...I've seen everything from a Katana to ca. 7" blades.

2. I know the knife has to pass the first cursory sharpness & safety inspection with Weurtz for the camera, but is there a more detailed inspection <maybe off-camera>?

3. Also, do they tell you that you cannot strike the obstacles with the spine?

4. How about a double edge design with an obtuse side dedicated for bashing and a more acute side for slicing? Allowable, or not?

Last edited:
Been working with Dan on grip material.

20180716_125818.jpg

Here you go, Johnny this is what I have come up with for grips for your run. Custom rubber inlay on unbuffed Micarta. Soft grippy and does not shift around in the hand in hard use. I think this is going to work well for you.

Been working with Dan on grip material.

View attachment 947161

Here you go, Johnny this is what I have come up with for grips for your run. Custom rubber inlay on unbuffed Micarta. Soft grippy and does not shift around in the hand in hard use. I think this is going to work well for you.

Damn, that's a big honkin' knife! Thank you Nathan and Dan! I'm very anxious to get that thing in hand. I'm sure that rubber will provide lots and lots of traction!

Back