Knife or Death

NICE!

Nate, will those scales potentially become available to purchase at some point?
I don't know. Rubber does not machine or process or glue or anything very well. This was an experiment and so far it has been not super successful but we do have these scales that turned out well. I'm going to try a set done like this for the Competition Choppers next.

Jo says she likes the Ebonite better than the regular rubber but we all know Jo is crazy.

Been working with Dan on grip material.

View attachment 947161

Here you go, Johnny this is what I have come up with for grips for your run. Custom rubber inlay on unbuffed Micarta. Soft grippy and does not shift around in the hand in hard use. I think this is going to work well for you.

Whew! Nice, all around! Mike

4. How about a double edge design with an obtuse side dedicated for bashing and a more acute side for slicing? Allowable, or not?

I think that's good strategy. I saw (at least) 2 swords used: one long one that bent, and one medium length one did well and won I believe. The successful one made me think that's not a bad strategy, saving one clean edge for the meat cutting that was causing so many people problems. I guess you could give up some handle geometry leverage on a double edge design, but it would be offset with a 2 handed handle. Speaking of which, somebody run that course with a Super Assassin please!

But the well designed competition chopper did well too, and is probably a bit quicker. Looking forward to seeing a CPK have another run at it, especially with a Bruce Lee fan on the end of the handle. ;)

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist & @91bravo ...

A few questions I've wondered about, sorry if they've been answered already...I've read a lot of the pages, but not all 21 of em :oops: ... but if they have already been addressed don't worry with re-answering them here, just direct me to the post or page #'s if that's easier:

1. Are there any size/weight restrictions on the blade you bring to the show?...I've seen everything from a Katana to ca. 7" blades. We were only told to bring something at least 10 inches.

2. I know the knife has to pass the first cursory sharpness & safety inspection with Weurtz for the camera, but is there a more detailed inspection <maybe off-camera>? Not that I was aware of, but they held the blades from the moment they got there until they were sent home. Even in between shots, they held onto the blades out of our sight.

3. Also, do they tell you that you cannot strike the obstacles with the spine? Yes, you have to strike with the cutting edge.

4. How about a double edge design with an obtuse side dedicated for bashing and a more acute side for slicing? Allowable, or not?
I would think as long as both sides are meant to "cut" that would pass muster.

just checked this show out finally, (on Youtube)- looks hella fun! Makes me wonder if they'd let a Canadian participate...

put in a good word for me, Jo! :)

Just caught up on this thread. For those of you who asked, MTM made it as a contestant as well. :) CPK will have another blade starring on KoD!

OUTSTANDING:thumbsup:
I'm guessing the producers will capitalize on you guys' marriage and have you compete against....say.... each other? Maybe? I hope...because that would be flat-out badazz! :cool:
Have you chosen your blade yet? Can you share it's identity?

That's awesome, congrats and knock em dead!!

Thank you!

OUTSTANDING:thumbsup:
I'm guessing the producers will capitalize on you guys' marriage and have you compete against....say.... each other? Maybe? I hope...because that would be flat-out badazz! :cool:
Have you chosen your blade yet? Can you share it's identity?

I can’t specify any details on how they will handle the competition...mostly because we don’t have many details yet. Also, we’ve already been asked not to discuss details with the general public. Stupid rules! Lol!

Woohoo! Show 'em how it's done sis :thumbsup:

Thanks! I’ll do my best!

$100 on MTM

Go get them!!

Ha ha! Thanks! I’ll do my best!

Congrats!
Can’t wait to see you and Jonny compete!
I can also sleep well tonight knowing I get to keep my EDC2!
Woohoo!!!

I totally forgot about that bet! I’m glad you get to keep it! :)
Thank you!

Just caught up on this thread. For those of you who asked, MTM made it as a contestant as well. :) CPK will have another blade starring on KoD!

CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see both of you get a chance to run the course! ... And 2 CPKs ... awesome that they will be getting the exposure ... they deserve it.

And I hope you both have a blast ... we will watching you !!!

Back